Ford dealer feedback on gen 3 ADM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
raptorinnorcal
Reaction score
There was a 35 code orange in Oroville about a month ago 10k adm. and they got it
Thanks for sharing, I didn’t see it on their website anymore. Up here in Norcal that ADM would have gone quick but I’ll check in with them in case they expect anymore.

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m a dealership and somebody will buy a truck at MSRP and then flip it for $15K over, why am I a crook for selling it at that number initially?

I have a MY22 37PP on order at MSRP and wouldn’t pay over ask but I have a relationship with dealer and they know I’m keeping it. Took them a couple of days to feel comfortable selling with no add on given what they are watching in secondary market. I had no problem with them evaluating what to do with their limited allocation of a highly profitable asset.

If you don’t like ADM then you don’t like the reality of supply and demand in a free market economy.

I do agree that Ford has been awful with communication. If you are going to take an order, take a down payment then you should be able to have some sense of delivery minus additional external circumstances. Even the dealerships are confused. I have a good friend high up in Dearborn and even he sort of shrugs when being able to give me a reliable production date idea. He just says, “it’s not if you’ll get the Raptor but I just don’t know when.”

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california hasn't changed. I lived out in LA part of 2017 and all of 2018' for my wife's work. when we decided we were coming back to michigan. I started truck shopping out there because her company would ship it for us. there were plenty 2018's available but all 5-10k over sticker back then. doesn't surprise me that they are 10 -15k over in CA now. I got lucky and got an 18' in December back in michigan right before xmas. for 4,500 under sticker. bought it and picked it up a month later when I got back home to michigan. bottom line is that every market is different. CA doesn't get as many allocations so it makes sense that they are buying them from out of state dealerships and marking them up. money to be made and everyone is doing what they can. luckily there are dealers all over the place who are not gauging and trying to keep their customers happy. find one of those dealers and stick with them. if you have to and can wait. do it. The only reason id be willing to go 5k over is I saved on the last one. trust me I dont want to give the money away but I justified it as a wash.

McQtr

Reaction score
Honestly... I’ve seen more Jen Tres than Broncs. I hope you’re right and the ramp up will be fast, with decent QA.

This market is definitely no fun.
I’ve had a different experience here in North Texas. I have yet to see a Gen3 on the road. In the last month it seems that there is a new bronco at every intersection.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not everyone on FRF lives in California and maybe I missed the part where ‘the lot of people’ were only California shoppers?

Frankly, a lot of people on this forum are lying about ordering at MSRP

But it doesn’t look like I did.
I’ve had a different experience here in North Texas. I have yet to see a Gen3 on the road. In the last month it seems that there is a new bronco at every intersection.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. This is reminiscent of late ’16 to early ’17 when the Jen Too began hitting the streets. Some folks had huge waits after ordering early, others could walk on to the lot and get a Dealer ordered truck. It seemed totally random.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly any dealers that had 18's on the lot at the end of 18 had to unload them because 19's started showing up at the beginning of January of 19'. as soon as some of those 19's were gone prices started to creep up again. at least where I am. I had the option of either. took the 18' for less. in hindsight I should have taken the 19 with the upgrade shocks.