Ford Customer Satisfaction Program 12M02

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I received a strange letter from Ford. Here's an excerpt:

"In the interest of customer satisfaction, Ford Motor Company is extending the limited warranty on the Accessory Protocol Interface Module to a total of five (5) years for Ford vehicles from the warranty start date, regardless of mileage.

NOTE: Failure of the Accessory Protocol Interface Module will render the MyFord Touch system inoperative.
"

Anyone get this letter recently and why did Ford feel the need to extend this warranty? I assume the previous warranty was only for 3 years?

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, haven't gotten it yet.. but our PostOffice is so far behind I routinely get my bills after they're due. Good thing I pay 99% of them online.

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to my dealer today and asked them about a version 3.5 and they told me that if I had the A4 card, I was updated as it gets. I looked at mine and it says version is 3.29somethingorther . Do I need to go on syncmyride.com or something.

*edit* My navigation is 3.29something. Sync Version is 3.5.1. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go to syncmyride and see what it says. Download their app thru a usb and put it in your Raptor, then see what happens.

When I do it , it says I have the latest version or something like that and will not do anything.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received that same letter for my 2013 Explorer.

Basically that letter is Ford admitting that MFT sucks.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I dropped off my 2013 Raptor at the dealer this morning along with the letter from Ford. They didnt know anything about it, and didnt have a clue how to get the Raptor Splash screen to come up. I should be getting the truck back today around lunch, but I expect they will have done nothing to it.

Ill update later today

Got a call from the service manager advising me that I should use any strange apps on my phone that it would cause the MFT to lock up. He says the MFT is from Microsoft and doesn't play well with Apple :).

BTW, I didnt argue with them. They are doing a master reset and flash of the MFT. I wonder if I will have to apply my SCT Tune again?

Last edited:

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My updated jammed, so I was forced to bring it to the dealer, I did not know about the Raptor splash screen at that point. What I got back was everything updated but the Blue Oval. I am sure my dealer did not know about the Raptor splash screen. You may get the same resualts as me.

If you get the Raptor screen, ask them how they got it because the update on syncmyride gives you the blue oval.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what the service manager told me it can only be changed from their laptop, but he knew exactly what I was talking about when I dropped her off.