Ford Confirmed Raptor Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgfoust

Reaction score
I placed an order on 19 Feb with my dealership for a 2022 Raptor 35s. Sales guy couldn't tell me for sure if they had an allocation but the very next day Ford sent me email confirming the order. Am I safe to assume that Ford has accepted the order and will "eventually" send me a production date?. I got a retail order with a priority of 19. I've heard that right now the priority number isn't making much of a difference as long as it's a retail placed order and not dealer stock order. I got the Atlas Blue with only the 801A package as other options are holding up delivery date, i.e. bed liner and the 2k pro power which I have no use for. I'll do the bed liner at the dealer.

Mc5601

Reaction score
A confirmed order does not necessarily indicate an allocation. I would check with the GM of the dealer and verify as some have been waiting 6+ months.. don’t want to get you down but do your diligence and be sure before you wind up empty handed

StuPidaso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed an order on 19 Feb with my dealership for a 2022 Raptor 35s. Sales guy couldn't tell me for sure if they had an allocation but the very next day Ford sent me email confirming the order. Am I safe to assume that Ford has accepted the order and will "eventually" send me a production date?. I got a retail order with a priority of 19. I've heard that right now the priority number isn't making much of a difference as long as it's a retail placed order and not dealer stock order. I got the Atlas Blue with only the 801A package as other options are holding up delivery date, i.e. bed liner and the 2k pro power which I have no use for. I'll do the bed liner at the dealer.
Yes, Ford has accepted your order but doesn't guarantee that it will be built unfortunately. I'd maybe talk with the sales manager and ask about their allocations and see how many others have ordered and are waiting. If they can't answer that i'd move on to a different dealer as they're likely wasting your time for truck that will never get built.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel this is the best you can get if you don't want to pay over sticker. I'm also on the same boat so just wait and at least you have a change to place an early order for 23MY.

Raptorbreath

Reaction score
I did the same thing with GStone Motors in VT in Dec - no allocation, but placed order, received Ford email and dealer told me all the right things and that I’d get the truck this June. Now they completely ghost me. I believe their game is an attempt to secure a vehicle for their inventory long after the ordering customer has given up and moved on. What a great, customer-centric sales model Ford has going here.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2021 last year. It never came in. Re-ordered a 2022 (35, 801A) on 11/01/21. Just this morning I received my 10th build date. (9 changes) If I hadn't had such a terribly bad experience with multiple Dodges and Rams in the past, I'd just order a TRX and be done with it. I regret selling my Shelby F150 now. That truck was a nice blend of drivable high performance. 755 hp and the sound of that Coyote V8 with the Whipple supercharger was music to my ears every time I stepped on the gas.