Ford Confirmation + VIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hp2021

Reaction score
Hey crew. Awesome website here. Really appreciating all of the information from you all, and have learned a ton about this process.

I have a question to help clear some confusion on my end, and it's to do with the Ford confirmation / VIN assignment.

Recently, here's where I'm at:
- Called around to get as close to MSRP on a '22 Raptor with the 37 package.
- Landed with one, who gave me their verbal confirmation that they had an allotment and can place the order.
- Went into the dealership last week and placed down a $500 deposit, and awaiting word back from them that the order has been placed.

With the recent issues between COVID and the alleged Stop Order (still wrapping my mind around that), what do you think I should expect? To my understanding, when the order is in with Ford, I'll receive an email from the company recognizing the order. No hard delivery date of course... just an email confirmation that the Raptor order is with the company. And some time after, I'll receive an assigned VIN.

I ask because I just want to make sure the dealership I worked with is indeed sending the order in. I placed the order on Friday, and was told it would be placed in on Monday, but nothing yet. Emailed once to the dealer, and a bit of radio silence is worrying my some. Confident they will get back to me soon, but seeking out the second un-biased opinion of the pro's before I get too comfortable. Thank you!

OP
OP
H

hp2021

Reaction score
Keep asking them for a DORA. It's already Wednesday and they still haven't placed your order? Seems pretty sus to me. It takes all of 15 minutes for them to go online and order the truck
Thanks for the response my dude. Semper Fidelis from one to another before I write anything else.

Not sure if this is any different, but we did go through the ordering process in the dealership when I made the trip. Meant to write that - apologies. I think I said the above confusing... he mentioned that on Monday he was going to "follow up" with it, as if it's not official in the system until he makes some phone call of some sort. It's what left me with a little bit of that sus feeling.

Here's ridiculous question number 2... what's a DORA?

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Semper fi brother. The dora is basically the confirmation paperwork the order was submitted, it will have the order #, priority code and everything option wise listed as it was submitted through their system. So it sounds like they haven't submitted it yet? That would be step 1 to know if they've actually sent the order to Ford.

Bugzuki

Reaction score
Just for clarity, when they submit your order - if they add your email address to it then you should get an email like this from "Ford Motor Company".

1640205732992.png

If they did not add your info to the order then you will have to take their word on it.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for clarity, when they submit your order - if they add your email address to it then you should get an email like this from "Ford Motor Company".

View attachment 334110

If they did not add your info to the order then you will have to take their word on it.
They never bothered to add my email address, that's why I pressed them for a DORA. Don't just take their word for it, get physical proof

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey crew. Awesome website here. Really appreciating all of the information from you all, and have learned a ton about this process.

I have a question to help clear some confusion on my end, and it's to do with the Ford confirmation / VIN assignment.

Recently, here's where I'm at:
- Called around to get as close to MSRP on a '22 Raptor with the 37 package.
- Landed with one, who gave me their verbal confirmation that they had an allotment and can place the order.
- Went into the dealership last week and placed down a $500 deposit, and awaiting word back from them that the order has been placed.

With the recent issues between COVID and the alleged Stop Order (still wrapping my mind around that), what do you think I should expect? To my understanding, when the order is in with Ford, I'll receive an email from the company recognizing the order. No hard delivery date of course... just an email confirmation that the Raptor order is with the company. And some time after, I'll receive an assigned VIN.

I ask because I just want to make sure the dealership I worked with is indeed sending the order in. I placed the order on Friday, and was told it would be placed in on Monday, but nothing yet. Emailed once to the dealer, and a bit of radio silence is worrying my some. Confident they will get back to me soon, but seeking out the second un-biased opinion of the pro's before I get too comfortable. Thank you!

When I ordered mine from the dealer. That said they had one allocation, it was 12/3. So I am inclined to believe them since most everyone else I talked to said they generally get allocations at the end of month or the first day of the month. I sat down with him gave a refundable deposit. He actually took all my info. I got the DORA and the order confirmation. All done in a half hour. By the time I got home I had the email confirmation from FORD. Thats what I'd expect if they are not B'Sing you. I just talked to him yesterday after I checked with FordPerformance all they could tell me is that its in the system and listed as unscheduled. The salesman said to give him a call in a couple weeks and he can try to do a check on his end on the status.

Does anybody else think thats what would be a normal experience.

Thats what I think you should expect.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place OP, congrats on your order, hoping it goes smooth for you, salesmen are such

D O U C H E B A G S

to deal with. Their IQ level is below the chart minimum most of the time. Call them back and get a confirmation email in writing from them or Ford.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yeah forgot to mention the part to get it in writing wether or not it was MSRP or has an ADM. My salesperson did that too. You dont want any surprises. so far I have some hope this one legit compared to the other dealers I tried to deal with.