Ford can't ship my truck 53 miles to the dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tank_jh

Reaction score
Same boat, and I was dumb and sold my Gen2 too early. The truck is all of 40 miles from the dealer taking up space in a rail yard in Chicago. My delivery date to the dealer was 6/28. Here a month later and all I get every week is a new pushout date (which they claim it will show up the next week). Dealer/Ford/FP all say their hands are tied by the other party. Absolute insanity.

Chizler22

Reaction score
Mine was only released from Purgatory after I went on Linkin and found a Ford Exec who went to the same school as I did as was able to get the truck released from the storage lot of 20,000 f-150s. Evidentially, it was there awaiting a short inspection. It was on a train within 3 days, and arrived at the dealer within 7 Days.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Mine was only released from Purgatory after I went on Linkin and found a Ford Exec who went to the same school as I did as was able to get the truck released from the storage lot of 20,000 f-150s. Evidentially, it was there awaiting a short inspection. It was on a train within 3 days, and arrived at the dealer within 7 Days.
Well, there you go OP. You just need to find someone high up in the Ford corporation, stalk them on LinkedIn, and let them know you have things in common with them. Simple...the way truck buying should be.

Tabasco519

Reaction score
WTF Ford?? My truck was "released" from the factory on 5/31. Today is 7/25 and my truck is still sitting awaiting shipment. Every week to 10 days Ford just pushes the delivery dates back. They don't even e mail me with updates any more. I've tried calling customer service, Ford Performance and my salesman. No one can tell me anything other than "It's showing carrier delays." Meanwhile trucks are being completed and shipped after mine including to my dealer.
Tazercat, I work for a Ford dealer and I completely understand your frustration. Ford could be more transparent than what they are at this point. The biggest issue with getting your truck is the Raptor is typically loaded directly on a transport truck instead of going on the rail because of the width of the Raptor. So, they have to build a full load headed in your general direction before they can send it. I hope this helps you out, but I know it is still frustrating at the same time.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tazercat, I work for a Ford dealer and I completely understand your frustration. Ford could be more transparent than what they are at this point. The biggest issue with getting your truck is the Raptor is typically loaded directly on a transport truck instead of going on the rail because of the width of the Raptor. So, they have to build a full load headed in your general direction before they can send it. I hope this helps you out, but I know it is still frustrating at the same time.
WRONG

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it has anything to do with incompetency, or necessarily the width of the truck (no disrespect Tabasco). I theorize that it has to do with, as most things, the money and the bottom line. I don't have an economics degree from Boston University like AOC but I can add two and two. My truck was ordered on 10/1 and as such, is price protected and a special order. It was finally made on June 9th and was promptly released from the factory and is in "awaiting shipping" purgatory. The eta has continually been pushed every week from July 3. It has been sitting in the New Boston rail yard since July 16th. My dealer has two dealer stock order F150's that are being shipped right now. One built a week before mine and one built on July 11th. Another dealer in my area had a Raptor with spray in liner built after mine delivered last week. The difference... the order dates. None are price protected trucks. If you think about it, Ford's margins are so tight that they couldn't ship all of the price protected "old" orders that are now built without taking a hit to their bottom line. They can't pay all of the 45 day interest free loans they are asking for from price protected buyers at once. They have to space them out. I'm sure they have a ratio of shipping so many new or stock orders with a certain lower number of price protected, special order trucks. They know that if you ordered a truck and waited this long, chances are you aren't backing out now. If you do, they get the full price from someone else. Win/Win ... for them. Yeah Ford!

Wallybosch

Reaction score
My truck was built 6/26
shipped 7/9
showed up at dealer 7/22.
I took delivery 7/23!
I guess I was lucky! It did only need to go to Milwaukee, Wi. Which is about 4 1/2 hours from Dearborn MI.
Ford should start hiring more truck drivers and get the trucks that are done to the dealer quicker!
I just hope your truck is ok….the first Raptor I ordered….. it was Totaled in transport to dealer! The truck I just received was the replacement for the first totaled one!
I would demand the dealer contact the zone rep and ask what is going on with this order