Ford can't ship my truck 53 miles to the dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tazercat

Tazercat

Reaction score
Tazercat, I work for a Ford dealer and I completely understand your frustration. Ford could be more transparent than what they are at this point. The biggest issue with getting your truck is the Raptor is typically loaded directly on a transport truck instead of going on the rail because of the width of the Raptor. So, they have to build a full load headed in your general direction before they can send it. I hope this helps you out, but I know it is still frustrating at the same time.
I appreciate you but that clearly isn't the case. My dealer got a Raptor in stock that was built 3 weeks after mine. They didn't seem to have a problem getting that one shipped.

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate you but that clearly isn't the case. My dealer got a Raptor in stock that was built 3 weeks after mine. They didn't seem to have a problem getting that one shipped.
I'm curious. When did you order as opposed to the one your dealer got? Is yours price protected?

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not useful feedback. Why is it wrong? And how do you know? I'm curious. Without any explanation, I tend to assume that you're an ignorant troll. I hope that's not the case. So ....
Because have had 6 raptors to this point none of them have come by truck until they have been unloaded of a rail car. almost 90% come by rail . they fit fine on rail car. most likely as it has been noted here multiple times that there is a shoratge of transport drive to deliver from rail yard to dealers. so that guy is dead wrong.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because have had 6 raptors to this point none of them have come by truck until they have been unloaded of a rail car. almost 90% come by rail . they fit fine on rail car. most likely as it has been noted here multiple times that there is a shoratge of transport drive to deliver from rail yard to dealers. so that guy is dead wrong.
Thanks. I missed that part. I wonder if he's ever seen semi trailers two up on flatbed train cars? Trains are big.

OP
OP
Tazercat

Tazercat

Reaction score
I'm curious. When did you order as opposed to the one your dealer got? Is yours price protected?
Mine was originally a dealer order that they placed in January. I latched onto it in March and minused one option..They quoted me MSRP and I asked for a buyers order in writing with a managers signature. I have it and it matches the sticker. Doesn't matter at this point because I am not going to take it. I have plenty of toys for the time being and I am sick of Ford's state of disarray, the watering down of my 801a package and interrior (no carbon fiber, no temp readout in the knobs, etc..) and the junk that is coming out of their plants.

MagneticScrew

Reaction score
Transport can be a nightmare. My dealer ordered 2019 got stuck on a shipping yard about halfway between the plant and the dealer (4 hours between dealer and said shipping yard). My truck sat on that yard from March of of 2019 until June of 2019. I, my salesman, and the GM tried about everything imaginable to get the truck to move. In the end, we were at the mercy of the transport backlog, as the dealer wasn't allowed to arrange their own transport/pickup. The only saving grace in the ordeal was the dealer allowed me to drive my trade-in during that time. I put almost 4 months of miles on the trade and all the terms of our deal were honored when my 2019 arrived. Regardless, it was beyond frustrating.