Ford can't ship my truck 53 miles to the dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tazercat

Reaction score
WTF Ford?? My truck was "released" from the factory on 5/31. Today is 7/25 and my truck is still sitting awaiting shipment. Every week to 10 days Ford just pushes the delivery dates back. They don't even e mail me with updates any more. I've tried calling customer service, Ford Performance and my salesman. No one can tell me anything other than "It's showing carrier delays." Meanwhile trucks are being completed and shipped after mine including to my dealer.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF Ford?? My truck was "released" from the factory on 5/31. Today is 7/25 and my truck is still sitting awaiting shipment. Every week to 10 days Ford just pushes the delivery dates back. They don't even e mail me with updates any more. I've tried calling customer service, Ford Performance and my salesman. No one can tell me anything other than "It's showing carrier delays." Meanwhile trucks are being completed and shipped after mine including to my dealer.
Sounds like your dealer has some Ford problems. That just doesn't happen. Need to talk to your salesman and coax information out of him. Not normal at all.

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very frustrating, have you been able to get it escalated to a zone rep or something? I've heard of quite a few people having Raptors and GT500s stuck at the factory. Hell, one is the owner of a dealership and still can't get his car sprung - not on a chip hold or anything else

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your dealer has some Ford problems. That just doesn't happen. Need to talk to your salesman and coax information out of him. Not normal at all.
This is pretty common actually. It’s happened to me twice now. I didn’t purchase the first Raptor but now it’s happening to my second order. The latest Raptor was built 1/17, chip hold until 6/28, now shipping delay with no end in site.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suggest that you ask to speak to the owner of the dealership, and that you ask him to personally intervene. Suggest that he send someone from his dealership to Ford and drive it off their lot to the dealership. It's not the best way to break in a new engine, but certainly not the worst.