Ford Bluecruise Hands Free Highway Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sbeatty

Reaction score
10897FA9-2483-4BFD-99AE-E9ECDB0293F8.pngAnybody else received this message on FordPass App stating Bluecruise is available? I am yet to see the prompt while driving on various N TX highways… just curious if anyone else has used it yet or if it is yet to be released.

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The full Blue Cruise implementation has not been released yet. When it is, the subscription will be $600 for 3 years.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the notification like the day after I setup fordpass. Hasn’t work and don’t think the truck ever “updated” to it.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After reading it in my fordpass, it looks like you have to activate the cellular service?

Three-year Connected Service term with regular map updates begins on warranty start date. To continue service, a new connected service plan must be purchased. Plans are subject to change. See your Ford Account for terms and details. Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Failure to regularly update could result in BlueCruise being unavailable.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People, it is not ready yet.

You will know when it is because there will be a ton of noise around in on the forums. What we have now is adaptive cruise control with lane centering assist.

You will know when you have BlueCruise when your wallet is $600 lighter.

JCO

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna pass on self driving. 1) Driving is not that hard and 2) hearing the Telsa horror stories doesn't exactly sway me.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna pass on self driving. 1) Driving is not that hard and 2) hearing the Telsa horror stories doesn't exactly sway me.
Just ordered a Tesla and the rep advised not to order FSD. Did advice to try it once (available monthly subscription) but that she, an employee, didn’t trust it and/or thought it was that good…
But for some reason I’m kinda excited to try it (BC) on the Raptor.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to turn on both adaptive cruise and lane keeping. My Ford Pass says I have three years complementary .

It’s not active for hands-free where I live, but it does limited driving if you keep your hands on the wheel.

It’s active when the little blue steering wheel appears in the tach, if you have full use in your area it will be the blue wheel and say hands free.

There’s a guy on YouTube with a non-Raptor F-150 using full Blue Cruise in Boston, so it is active but not full driving in all markets.

3535CB7A-395B-4A89-87EF-8E637753C5CC.jpeg

Last edited: