Ford Blue Cruise Refund fiasco...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to receive a refund from Ford in the amount of $795 for the Blue Cruise omission on my 2021 Ford F150 Raptor....A fellow member (great person by the way) on this forum provided the basic information needed to recieve the refund.

I have read that some have recveived the famous letter from Ford that requires signature along with a Sales Agreement that must be sent to Ford by September of this year to be elgible....I have now called various Ford 800 numbers and received absolutely no professional or knowledgable response....by the way, I have called Ford 13 times and I am currently on hold as the newest Ford Representative attempts to transfer me to the marketing department...The marketing team that I have spoken to about my Raptor and Bronco builds is dumbfounded as to why I am getting transferred to the marketing department time and time again. I was transferred to the Ford Pass Dept multiple times and where I provided the Customer Satisfaction Program 22 L02---I am told to the contact dealer who tells me to contact Ford ...its a fun customer service vortex to be caught up in....I know $795 isnt a huge amount of money ...but It is my money that I am entitled to and I want it....Ford shouldn't make it that hard to receive a refund.

Update---I just made call number 14....the agent who said she could help, left a phone message for me and used my wrong name (lol) ..when I called back...Ford Pass said they couldn't find the agent who left me a message ...Ford is failing as a company. It's only $795...I need to remind myself of this...lol

I am not surprised that Ford is handling it this way...Just disappointed.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's extremely frustrating. I was told by Ford Marketing that I should expect a letter in the mail and they confirmed that they had the correct mailing address, however they couldn't give me an ETA on when to expect said letter.

I know it's not a lot of money, but it'd pay for about half the fuel for my trip to CO at the end of the month...and it's owed to me, so I'd like to get it!

I don't understand why it's that hard for Ford to get their shit together. They have a lot more money than me...so why am I giving them an interest free loan? They aren't giving me one!!!

bzogster

Reaction score
Isn’t this refund going to the dealer and then the dealer reimburses you? At least that is how it worked at my dealer.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the later builds had the money sent to the dealership. The earlier builds like mine received a letter to send directly to ford here in the last few weeks. Pretty annoying honestly. I sent my paperwork back to ford weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. They’ll probably wait til September to tell me they never received anything from me.

bzogster

Reaction score
You must have a proactive dealer.

No kidding right. Pray all dealers are like his!

They sell for MSRP and stand by their word and try to do the right thing. When I took delivery of my ‘22 at the end of April, the salesman said Ford had just sent them a check for someone who took delivery of a ‘21 in January and that they would be sending it out to that guy. My one gripe is that they didn’t have any idea how price protection worked and I had to educate them on it. They didn’t think $4180 protection was correct on top of the $1395 bluecruise already factored into the pricing via removal on 801A… and sold to me for new MSRP with the promise that they would reimburse me whatever Ford reimbursed them. I decided to trust them and they sent me a check for $4400ish about 45 days later when Ford sent them the $4180.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They sell for MSRP and stand by their word and try to do the right thing. When I took delivery of my ‘22 at the end of April, the salesman said Ford had just sent them a check for someone who took delivery of a ‘21 in January and that they would be sending it out to that guy. My one gripe is that they didn’t have any idea how price protection worked and I had to educate them on it. They didn’t think $4180 protection was correct on top of the $1395 bluecruise already factored into the pricing via removal on 801A… and sold to me for new MSRP with the promise that they would reimburse me whatever Ford reimbursed them. I decided to trust them and they sent me a check for $4400ish about 45 days later when Ford sent them the $4180.
You, good Sir, have stumbled onto one of the few good dealers out there. Keep them in your back pocket!

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy how many are having an issue with this. Your dealer should send you the check. Mine did. Can't believe it would be different as you paid the dealer for the truck, not Ford.

OP
OP
R

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are lucky to find a dealer with integrity and professionalism.