Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Ford 7.3 gas getting swapped in now

Discussion in 'Ford Articles, News and Media Reviews' started by Kuan, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Kuan

Kuan Full Access Member

Interesting to see the aftermarket doing swaps on the 7.3 gas engine. I can't wait to see all the performance goodies that will become available.

Cristian likes this.
  2. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

Hopefully it will be embraced and swapped, beefed and tuned, researched and cammed... not relegated to truck duty and forgotten by the aftermarket as the 6.2l was.

3. rightNut

rightNut Member

Not sure about the “forgotten by the aftermarket” part, but my Gen 1 6.2l got cams from Livernois Motorsports has been amazing and trouble-free, and my 2017 Malibu wakeboard boat (and all the rest of their boats from that generation) had the marine equivalent of 6.2l Ford Raptor motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Sozzy12

Sozzy12 FRF Addict

I think the 7.3 will be more popular for swaps than the 6.2 merely due to packaging. It simply will fit with less hassle into smaller engine bays. I love my 6.2, but it is a wide beast. I'd really have to do some hacking to get one to fit into, say, a '66 Mustang.

5. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

Yes, the only aftermarket cam setup that has any availability, and it's over priced. Look at how many company's make cams for something like an LS, gen III hemi, or Coyote, even the ecoboost engines have options. It's a neglected engine, period.