Forced Induction with Frame Cut Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evil Peaches

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with installing a supercharger with a frame cut bumper? I’m seriously considering snagging a blower during a Black Friday sale but most of the systems I see use inter coolers or heat exchangers that mount to points on the factory bumper. I have an SVC Smurf bumper installed on a 2014 Screw. Just wondering if someone has come up with a system that can shed some light on their experience.

OP
OP
Evil Peaches

Evil Peaches

Reaction score
Does your inter cooler mount directly to your radiator? Or are there some mounts on the bottom that bolt to the bumper too?

OP
OP
Evil Peaches

Evil Peaches

Reaction score
F2FEAEBF-B999-421C-81FE-2E3D04F9D8E1.jpeg27B657ED-D7B4-49FE-BDA9-056FE2D6D2A7.jpegYour last picture of the bottom is where I thought it would attach…Unfortunately there isn’t really any support for the front valance with the SVC bumper. This has been my biggest gripe with this bumper, because the valance flops up and down going over bumps. Do you have any idea how much load is on those bottom points? Or is most of the load on the top? If it’s somewhat equal I’ll probably have to fabricate something to provide more support.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd call SVC. The Smurfrunner (name of the truck the bumper was designed after) was whipple charged. With a larger heat exchanger as well.

perry

Reaction score
This may help with what to expect.

Attachments

• whipple_2010_6_2l_raptor_installation_instructions.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 28

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most, if not all of the load is on top, like hanging weight. The bottoms seem to be more for stability

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would be nice to know which Forced Air Induction system you're thinking of going with. :)

Both Whipple and Roush systems use a Water to Air Heat Exchanger in front of the Radiator.
The Procharger uses a Air to Air Intercooler in front of the radiator.

Both Whipple and Roush will work with possibly a little fabrication to the mounting brackets and/or drilling new holes in the frame. No Biggie!!!

One concern I do have,
is that the newer Whipple system puts a larger coolant tank and the circulator pump underneath the heat exchanger.
It holds almost a gallon more than the older circulating system I am running with my stage II
If you choose Whipple, call them and ask for the older style large HE with fans system.

This is the older style and not my truck
HE.JPG

Last edited: