For those that went to the Darkside (TRX)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at Menards, I walked out and a TRX had parked nearby.

Walking out a couple of guys ahead and one said that raptor is badass, and he pointed to my 1G saying the bumpers and wide fiberglass made it look sick and that TRX probably won't even be running when it is over 10 years old.
Not probably. Take note of what vehicles you do and don’t see around you in traffic on a regular or even semi-regular basis. I mentioned it in an earlier post, and then I really got to thinking…I can’t tell you the last time I saw any of the early generations of Dodge SRT vehicles on the road, or non-SRT’s for that matter from a decade ago. Neon SRT 4/aka Neon SRT SHt 2003-2005, Ram SRT 10 04-06, Crossfire SRT 6 05-06, Chrysler 300C SRT 8 05-14, Magnum SRT 8 06-08, Challenger SRT 8 08-14, Early Gen Challenger SRT Hellcat 2014+…all ghosts allocated to junkyards across the country. And, like the TRX, all released for high MSRP’s with ridiculous ADM’s and with obviously some exceptions, are gone. Plenty of newer generation Durango’s, very few older gens, and too many Avengers missing fenders and tail lights. And Of course traffic is also littered with second third and fourth hand widebody chargers driving like morons from one red light to the next all headed toward inevitable failure. Viper fits nowhere into this discussion and the ones that are still alive are resting comfortably in garages in the hands of owners who know that every trip out may likely be the end of their silly investment. You know what I do see every day from 10/15 years ago? Rangers, expeditions, excursions, F series trucks/dually’s, mustangs of every generation, Raaaaaaptors (HOOAH). Common sense speaks for itself. I giggle every time a TRX is near me and happily let him pass. Oh a supercharged Ram 1500 huh? Cute. Keep that roadside assistance number handy.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did a solo X-country trip like I do every summer. I pack a cooler with food and drinks and DO NOT STOP unless I have to. The Raptor's gas tank will outlast my bladder. Not including the initial fill-up, made it from SW Michigan to SW FL on one gas stop. I thought about buying a TRX beforehand and doing the trip, but decided the crappy mileage would just annoy and slow me way down. The Raptor is the best LD vehicle I've ever driven. Can one comfortably sit in and drive a TRX for 17+ hours?

View attachment 369763
I know what you mean. I drove my Gen 2 from south Florida to Moab, UT twice. She’s incredible out on the open road. Not a single issue either trip. Happier than a pig in sht

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
712 miles to empty? WTF? I've never even hit the 600 mile club, LOL.

I averaged 20 mpg, and that was while driving through the smokies. Hit reset on the computer as soon as I got rolling. 60% SCC driving, except around most cities where it just isn't good enough to deal with fast changing, or stop-and-go, traffic. Tires were 38psi cold. It can be done!

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I averaged 20 mpg, and that was while driving through the smokies. Hit reset on the computer as soon as I got rolling. 60% SCC driving, except around most cities where it just isn't good enough to deal with fast changing, or stop-and-go, traffic. Tires were 38psi cold. It can be done!
Ur avatar is scary

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. No I only have Gen 3 now. Sold gen 2, bought gen 3
Ill sell gen 3 when trx comes and then sell trx when R comes (but prob wont ever get one)
Didnt take deliv of TRX, dealer sold for markup. Just drive my buddies from time to time.
More so the wife will kill me if im always fixing the truck. Hell when I drop it off for mods I go through an FBI style interrogation
Just out of principle alone I can't allow myself to pay this much sales tax to the state of CA.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really sure if the front seat of the tow truck is good for a 17 hour trip for most TRX owners.
It's more comfortable than sitting under the truck swapping out a driveshaft that was never attached. So it's all a matter of perspective.