For those that went to the Darkside (TRX)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I ordered both trucks.
Ordered the raptor 6 months before TRX, and they both arrived same week.
I went 37 PP raptor for the mere price I get through ford fleet (below msrp)
Im having regrets.
Love the new infotainment on the raptor, as well as the interior (Blue Recaro) horizontal screen is much better than TRX vertical and TRX is still analog.
Until some tuners and Aftermarket companies release some performance parts for Gen 3, its rough as my Tuned and modded gen 2 sh*t on my Gen 3.
The mirror placement on the Gen 3 is also much better than the TRX. Mirror in TRX sits more flush with driver vs lower,due to window design. TRX obstructs view until you get used to it.
The new trombone exhaust sounds amazing compared to Gen 2’s. But nothing beats a V8 and that supercharger whine.
The raptor feels much lighter, and nimble where as TRX feels like, well a TRX. Heavy SOB and you can feel it in turns. But the power is addicting.
I dont offroad, cant afford it along with my hobbies and 3 kids. So my truck is now a mall crawler and boat hauler.
So I ordered another TRX friday and will be putting the 37pp up for sale when it gets close to delivery.

I have an allocation for an R, and if I get, Ill buy. Im 4 on the list and dealer will be lucky to get 1. But the reality is dealers are going to keep their allocations to people willing pay 50k markups. Not most of us here so TRX is next best thing.

(Did consider v8 swap, but at 54k) thats more than R would cost me
You have/had a modded and tuned Gen 2.
You have a Gen 3
You have a TRX
You're ordering another TRX
You're ordering a Raptor R

And you cannot afford to off-road?

Dadlife

Reaction score
You have/had a modded and tuned Gen 2.
You have a Gen 3
You have a TRX
You're ordering another TRX
You're ordering a Raptor R

And you cannot afford to off-road?

Hahaha. No I only have Gen 3 now. Sold gen 2, bought gen 3
Ill sell gen 3 when trx comes and then sell trx when R comes (but prob wont ever get one)
Didnt take deliv of TRX, dealer sold for markup. Just drive my buddies from time to time.
More so the wife will kill me if im always fixing the truck. Hell when I drop it off for mods I go through an FBI style interrogation

JG59

Reaction score
I went from a Gen 2 owner, to a TRX owner back to a Gen 2 owner. The TRX is an awesome vehicle, but I just liked the Gen 2 better.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did a solo X-country trip like I do every summer. I pack a cooler with food and drinks and DO NOT STOP unless I have to. The Raptor's gas tank will outlast my bladder. Not including the initial fill-up, made it from SW Michigan to SW FL on one gas stop. I thought about buying a TRX beforehand and doing the trip, but decided the crappy mileage would just annoy and slow me way down. The Raptor is the best LD vehicle I've ever driven. Can one comfortably sit in and drive a TRX for 17+ hours?

IMG_9200.jpg

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Just did a solo X-country trip like I do every summer. I pack a cooler with food and drinks and DO NOT STOP unless I have to. The Raptor's gas tank will outlast my bladder. Not including the initial fill-up, made it from SW Michigan to SW FL on one gas stop. I thought about buying a TRX beforehand and doing the trip, but decided the crappy mileage would just annoy and slow me way down. The Raptor is the best LD vehicle I've ever driven. Can one comfortably sit in and drive a TRX for 17+ hours?

View attachment 369763

Not really sure if the front seat of the tow truck is good for a 17 hour trip for most TRX owners.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 369763
712 miles to empty? WTF? I've never even hit the 600 mile club, LOL.