For those running Ford beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickingaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$950 shipped is a lot for rings so wanted to see if could get some feedback. How are they holding up and does the ring cover the spokes for protection. Looks like it from the one pic could find. Finding them in stock for the 19-20 has been a challenge but cjparts has them so deciding if worth it. Appreciate any real life feedback.
If you are not getting them to run your tires at lower pressures or with extreme sidewall forces, you might as well save your money.

kickingaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been running OEM beadlocks on my '18 SCREW for at least 6 months and a couple thousand (highway & surface street) miles with no issues. I carry a torque wrench in the truck and check the beadlock bolts every month - never found one bolt to come loose.
I'm like you, I have run beadlock wheels on my Jeeps for years and put them on my Raptor. Best thing is to put a note in your calendar to check them every 30 days for a few months, then maybe every 60 - 90 days.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am happy to get an education if someone can provide it. Let's go over a few things.

First, for the longest time braided steel brake lines were not DOT approved. My understanding at the time was this. It was because the rubber companies lobbied against them and proved that under 1 very very specific circumstance that would never actually happen on a motor vehicle that rubber brake lines were better. Under every other tests braided lines were superior.

With that. Why would a system that has been proven 1000 fold to clamp a tire better not be DOT approved, well mostly for political reasons.

The "check torque every 30 days" is liability *********. Do you need to check the torque of any other fastener on your vehicle every 30 days? What makes bead lock fasteners so special that they need checked every 30 days? Are DOT gnomes sneaking into.your garage at night un-torquing bead lock bolts but no other bolts.

Do you really think, that off road racers would use a product that required "retorque" in the middle of a race.

The government is not your savior and rarely has your best interest in mind.

or2baja

Reaction score
May be a stupid question, but what about the inside/opposite sidewall? Not for looks, but if to air down and keep the tire on the rim… don’t both sides have to be addressed? It is it mostly a turning issue, and the outside is the important area?
There is a significant bulge of the wheel on the inside of the wheel that makes harder to de bead, not impossible but damn near.