Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

For the next guy/gal - Headers and melted wiring harness

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Ftera, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Ftera

Ftera Full Access Member

Yes it is a 20a fuse. I'd carry an assortment just in case.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

They covered the 02 sensor under warranty. That was cool cause they coulda just said no way since i had ltb. No they did not take harness apart at all. just tucked it back in and said its good to go. Well, that wasnt the case but I do thank them for at least covering the 02 sensor. :)

Trick.Raptor likes this.
  2. Rookie

Rookie Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

That sucker is melted alright. When I initially had this happen the first time I took it in and they said it wasn't the harness even though I saw the same thing you did. Funny part was you could tell they had pulled all of the tape off of it and tried to put it back on. I'm still convinced they tried to repair it and didn't say anything because it would have blatantly been there fault.

Glad to see everything squared away.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
    Email: [email protected]

[​IMG]

Ftera likes this.
  3. bobcat82nd

bobcat82nd Full Access Member

That's crazy! I have long tube headers and will take a peak at the wires. Also protect them.

4. BeansGT

BeansGT Full Access Member

I have to look but im wondering if there is a way to route the harness away from the headers . Thanks for the write up also .

5. bobcat82nd

bobcat82nd Full Access Member

Good information! My CEL came on after a day in the desert and took the truck in today. Dealer states the codes are being thrown due to no read (non-existent) on both Cats. Everything was fine until recently. I have American Racing Long Tube headers and will need to do some searching down there tomorrow.

TornadoRaptor likes this.