For anyone who has ever doubted catch can...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle Thompson

Reaction score
You realize the valves are no longer an ecoboost issue, right? Ford implemented the dual wash on the back of the valves to cure this issue. It is on all gen 2 ecoboost engines since 2015 and has proven to correct the problem. Too bad the engineers can't fix the other ecoboost problems.

Kyle Thompson

Reaction score
What you are saying about the intake valve build up problem being solved in the Gen 2 is certianly true. That being said the biggest benefit to installing a catch can is to keep oil from builidng up inside the intercooler. That oily air from the CCV system ends up back into your itanke, compressed in the turbo air, then routed into your intercooler. I am no expert on the subject just throwing in my 2 cents.

New to the site but I have 2019 Raptor with a Cobb stage 2 kit installed.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a JLT. Liquid crap in the can every time I look. I took my truck to the dealer for an oil change and nothing was said about it. YRMV.

i was “anti catch can” for a long time (& to a degree still am as it pertains to DD vehicles under warranty depending on the type of engine) b/c most of my experience w/ vehicles was either GM V8s or Japanese 4s & 6s - all of which I took happily into the triple digits w/o a hitch & in the case of a handful of the V8 GM vehicles I’ve owned got to see the guts of the engines after 50-110k miles & none of em had particularly excessive buildup on the valves or intake tract- of course i also maintain my vehicles well & use top tier fluids. I never lost- in fact have only gained- power on the dyno as those non-catch can running vehicles were concerned.

that being said- a tech i was chatting too @ my dealer started getting into this convo & he said he’d seen plenty of the pre-port injected EB trucks come in for top end tear down & be all coked up @ 80k miles. Said he’s sure the port injection helps but says they (Ford) have also been recommending pushing fuel system cleaning as part of maintenance schedules on these newer EBs too as possible preventative maintenance to keep from having to swap our or media blast top ends.

At any rate @ 20k miles I opted to do the fuel system cleaning service & spoke to the service Mgr who also recommended a “single sided” catch can & said it would not interfere w/ my warranty so long as I wasn’t cutting/drilling anything.

installed a JLT @ 22k miles

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford fixed it, so why do folks still buy these cans then?
I am not sure how its fixed but I just pulled my JLT catch can on 2019 with 820 miles and there was I would say half or maybe 1/3 of shot glass of oil. I had JLT on my Supercharged Roush F150 and I went with it on my Roush Raptor also. Just peace of mind I guess.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Ford 8 year/$125k $0 deductible extended warranty so I’m not changing anything on this truck mechanical wise. If it breaks, Ford is fixing it on their dime during my ownership.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Ford 8 year/$125k $0 deductible extended warranty so I’m not changing anything on this truck mechanical wise. If it breaks, Ford is fixing it on their dime during my ownership.
JLT Catch Can doesn't change nothing mechanically. You just inserting Catch Can in the the same line of hoses.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And yes, JLT does deliver to CA. Worked for me.

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-3-0-oil-separator-2011-19-f-150-2-7l-3-5l-5-0l-passenger-side/

*This product is NOT CARB (California Air Resource Board) Exempt. It is not for legal sale or use in the state of CA or any other states adopting CA emission standards and require a CA Executive Order (EO) number. Any orders placed for this item with a CA ship to address will be cancelled. COMING SOON!!!

Are you saying on a public forum JLT is willfully and knowingly violating California CARB laws?