For anyone who has ever doubted catch can...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ABF8A6BB-108A-4705-8603-39521E771F96.jpeg

Installing COBB stage 1+ today and after intake install, I figured I’d drain my catch can for the first time. It’s been on for about 20k miles. (I know, shame on me.)

When I first cracked the valve, nothing came out. Thought that was strange seeing as how long it’s been on and I’ve never drained it. Got flashlight, looked up inside and saw some gunk that appeared to be clogging it up. Grabbed a straw from inside house, stuck it up in there, then this happened.... I couldn’t believe how much oil just dumped out. Needless to say I’ll be draining more often.

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So instead of letting the engine burn the hot mist as it was designed to, you created a place for that mist to accumulate, cool down/thicken, and only then overflow into the intake?

Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather trust the Ford engineers and follow recommended maintenance...

OP
OP
R

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So instead of letting the engine burn the hot mist as it was designed to, you created a place for that mist to accumulate, cool down/thicken, and only then overflow into the intake?

Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather trust the Ford engineers and follow recommended maintenance...

Definitely wasn’t enough oil to back up in to the intake. The fact there was oil in there and that the catch can does in fact catch oil proves it is doing what it’s designed to do. Have used oil go back in to the intake and gunk up inside motor, or catch and drain? That’s a no brainer if you ask me.

“While your 2017-2019 F150 or Raptor 3.5L EcoBoost's dual-injected fuel system gives it excellent power and fuel economy for its displacement, it's not without its fair share of problems, most of which are caused by oil blow-by in your F150's PCV system gumming up your truck's intake system and reducing its overall fuel octane. One of the most effective ways to solve these problems is with UPR's new Dual-Valve Oil Catch Can Kit specifically designed for the 3.5L Dual-Fuel EcoBoost 2017-2019 F150s and Ford Performance Raptors. UPR's highly efficient catch can captures oil blow-by vapor in its specialized four-stage separator system, which prevents oil coating your intake system, pooling in your intercooler, and degrading your fuel octane rating. The UPR Dual-Valve F150 and Raptor EcoBoost Catch Can is one of the best ways to keep your EcoBoost F150 in fighting shape for years to come.”

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Wow its amazing how much a catch can will collect in the turbo 3.5L! I have one and check it every 3-5k and so far over 75k+ miles its never more than half full.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More

catch Can

Show me the pictures of the valves at 50 k miles, not some oil dumped on the floor.

You realize the valves are no longer an ecoboost issue, right? Ford implemented the dual wash on the back of the valves to cure this issue. It is on all gen 2 ecoboost engines since 2015 and has proven to correct the problem. Too bad the engineers can't fix the other ecoboost problems.