For all you MODIFICATION JUNKIES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought some of you Modification Junkies might like this....looks like it was sold,since the listing is down,but you can click on the photo to see it better and read the story....
Also,this Dupont site,although mostly real high end vehicles,is a good source of info for buy-sell prices on the Raptors....I found it when looking for my Raptor and its fun to drool and see what the "filthy rich" are driving...;)

https://blog.dupontregistry.com/aftermarket/2017-ford-raptor-5-11-tactical-for-sale/

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not sure the Raptor is a good bug out vehicle. It would be fast, but that's about it. It lacks fuel economy, towing/hauling ability, simplicity of maintenance, among other things. Fun to think about though...

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not sure the Raptor is a good bug out vehicle. It would be fast, but that's about it. It lacks fuel economy, towing/hauling ability, simplicity of maintenance, among other things. Fun to think about though...

Honestly it wouldn't be the best, but it wouldn't be the worst by any stretch. If you needed to leave for 96 hours a Raptor would probably be fine. I have most of my camping gear in totes in the garage ready to go. I always have a 96 hour bag ready to go with socks, underwear, a few shirts, an extra set of jeans, 100 bucks in cash. I could throw all of this in the truck in 15 minutes and be on my way out of a hurricane. As for mileage, a Gen 1 should have no problem pushing 450 miles if on the highway, and even in congestion and sitting I feel like low 400s isn't an issue.

That being said, that thing is egregiously ugly.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly it wouldn't be the best, but it wouldn't be the worst by any stretch. If you needed to leave for 96 hours a Raptor would probably be fine. I have most of my camping gear in totes in the garage ready to go. I always have a 96 hour bag ready to go with socks, underwear, a few shirts, an extra set of jeans, 100 bucks in cash. I could throw all of this in the truck in 15 minutes and be on my way out of a hurricane. As for mileage, a Gen 1 should have no problem pushing 450 miles if on the highway, and even in congestion and sitting I feel like low 400s isn't an issue.

Tomorrow mine goes into the shop for UHF/VHF radio install. If you wanna be a “prepper”, comm comes before your AR-15. I would use my Raptor if the big earthquake hit us, but I’d be using my other truck as well. Honestly what I’d really like for a bug out rig is a deuce and a half.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ricoman

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

YES....it is butt ugly...never said I wanted one,just thought it was fun to look at....with that said....450 miles in a Gen1...you must have a 36 gallon tank...cause my 26 gallons never gets close to 450...