Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clbh2p

Reaction score
Hey new member here just checking in with my first post. Looking to see if anyone knows of street legal fog lights for the gen 2. The only thing I have found is either garbage on eBay and Amazon or high quality offroad lights but way to bright for use on the road so any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of the threads in this sub forum are about fog lights, many vendors on this forum. Any light that is labeled as 'SAE' is street legal, though some states have restrictions on how many lights you can have uncovered on the road.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, Probable prius provocateur ;-) ( Pictures of your Raptor, or it’s really a prius )

Supporting vendors on here like SBV, Apollo optics, 4x4truckleds, ORA, and... I’m probably forgetting some, all have SAE options from Baja Designs, and a few others.

While you -can- get away with some Amazon lights, you get what you pay for. Pay $35 for a pair, and expect them to leak, go dim or die within a couple years.

spend the extra $$ up front; Buy once, cry once. Just in time too.
Annual Black Friday deals should be coming, when lighting deals should be significantly better.

2020 B/F deals were... I don’t know... a little lackluster. I’m talking to you, FRF supporting vendors! :p Step it up this year, eh?

in all seriousness, the supporting vendors here will guide you on lighting preferences. You can’t really have JUST fog or SAE lights. You have 6x up fitter switches, you’re only going to use one?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey new member here just checking in with my first post. Looking to see if anyone knows of street legal fog lights for the gen 2. The only thing I have found is either garbage on eBay and Amazon or high quality offroad lights but way to bright for use on the road so any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

We recommend 1 of 2 options.

First, you have Baja Designs. You can't find a better quality light then Baja Designs. They are great for off-road and have an SAE Fog light.
Then you have Diode Dynamics. These guys make a fantastic street legal fog light. They don't offer as long a warranty as Baja, but their street legal fog lights have a better pattern.

On our Gen2 Raptor we run Baja Designs all the way around. But on our Ford Bronco, we run Baja Designs everywhere BUT the fogs (went with Diode Dynamics for the street legal fogs).

No matter which kit you get from us, we include our USA Made mounting brackets (we make them right here on Long Island). Made from stainless steel and powder coated black with a lifetime warranty. You also get our plug and play harness, which anybody can tell you is hands down one of the best harnesses on the market. It's got the connectors for the lights pre-installed so you just plug it right in. It's also got each end labeled.

If you use coupon code FOGS you'll save 5% off your purchase

Baja Designs Kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-f...ght-kit-w-baja-designs-lights-build-your-kit/

Diode Dynamics Kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-diode-dynamics-stage-series-3/

Here is what our harness looks like to give you an idea on the quality we provide

WP-Harness1__49497.1579568285.jpg

WP-Harness2__76711.1579568285.jpg

Harness-DT2__00228.1637005457.jpg

WP-Harness3__01218.1579568285.jpg

Baja Designs on our Gen2 Raptor (the blue one) and a customer's truck:
Brackets14.jpg

Brackets12.jpg

Diode Dynamics, installed on our Bronco (keep in mind the Bronco is setup with 2x 3" lights and 1x 2" light but on the Raptor it's a bigger opening, so you'd be runing 3x 3" lights)
Bronco 1 (Small).jpg

A closeup
Diode Dynamics 4.jpg

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Baja Designs amber SAE fog lights, I use them anytime I'm driving in the dark. The difference is subtle....really just warms up the feel of the lighting and cuts through rain and fog a bit better. It's not going to dramatically make everything brighter given that they are SAE and not off-road only lights, so set your expectations accordingly. That said, I would buy again and plan to have them on all future trucks.

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Diode Dynamics stuff myself. I'm running one set of SS3 Max yellow fogs and two sets of SS3 Sport white fogs in my fog pods. All independently run to their own upfitter switch. I've also got a set of SS3 Sport spot lights in white mounted on the pillars on some SDHQ mounts. Couldn't be happier.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks in advance

The nice thing about LED lights these days is there are plenty options for on road use with traffic lighting and crazy bright off road use lighting. One of our most popular setups is a hybrid of both SAE (on road with traffic compliant lights) and off road use only (crazy bright). Throw in a set of amber lights (amber light is ideal to help with bad weather situations like fog, rain, snow, etc) and you've really got a great light setup.

Give us a shout, shoot us a PM or check us out online. Always happy to help. 888-466-8991 or OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

xoPaV2f.jpg

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
27945166-F767-4E0F-9E03-39C6CE688DCB.jpegMy Rigid fog light kit courtesy of Ford Performance parts. The center lights are SAE fog lights and the only ones I use on the road. We get tons of fog near the Smoky Mountains and these fog lights make an excellent difference. The light does not project far.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks in advance
Here ya go:

I would advise you to be very careful about multiple fog lamps. There is a "sweet spot" to consider when it comes to fog lights. Fog, snow, sleet, etc. is reflective, so no matter what you do some of the light you send forward will be reflected back to you. Since the idea is to see through the stuff in the air rather than to see the stuff in the air, too much light can be self defeating and actually obscure your vision forward due to reflection. So if you go with multiple fog lights, I strongly advise that each pair be separately switched so that you can "tune" the amount of light you send forward to the conditions you're faced with.

This is underscored by your concern about remaining street legal. For one thing, you do not want to blind oncoming drivers. They might hit you because of it, and you might be found to be a fault. Secondly, every state has laws pertaining to automotive lighting. It's not just the US DOT you need to be concerned with, it's also your home state's laws that you need to be aware of and conform to if you intend to be street-legal and therefore citation-proof. In my state of Nevada, for example, only two pair of white forward-facing lights may legally be employed at a time. So that's your headlights and ONLY ONE other pair of white forward-facing lights. So go to your state's revised statutes web site and read up before you spend nearly $1,000 fog lights that might well cost you more in citations.

Last edited: