Fog lights - 4 Fogs or 2 Fogs w/ 2 others?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

votive

Reaction score
Looking to put fogs on my truck, the typical 2 on each side for a total of 4. Currently looking at the Yellow Lasfit fogs.

Question is, should I do all 4 lights as fogs or run 2 fogs and then have the other 2 as floods, spots, or driving? I don't do any offroading at night (too afraid of hitting a deer/elk/moose/bear here in MT) but do drive through heavy snowfall conditions very often. That being said, I don't really see myself using anything but the fogs currently, but it's always nice to have options too.

One concern I have is 4 fogs being too overpowering on the road, I want to be able to run these without blinding other drivers.

Opinions? What do you run?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Driving combo and spots.

I had the 6 pack on my Gen 2. 4 fogs and 2 spots. Ran the 4 fogs on 1 switch and had them on most of the time. Wish they had a little better beam. The spots are nice to have for those rodes with no street lights.

Edit:
Welcome to FRF. Make sure to post up some pictures of your truck or you will be assigned a prius picture.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I never heard of Lasfit. I'm a big Baja Designs fan. Most guys go with either BD or Rigid.

Agreed. I like Baja over the Rigids. But light brands can be like auto manufacturers. Personal preference. When it comes to lights, you get what you pay for.

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the Morimoto triple kit. Scroll down this sub form and you will find the link. White wide and Yellow wide pass SAE tests.

Attachments

• DSCN3716.JPG
    DSCN3716.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN3720.JPG
    DSCN3720.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
votive

votive

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations guys.

With the combos is it best to run them white or yellow? I'm decided on yellow for the fogs.

I love that Morimoto triple kit but I just can't bring myself to spend 1k+ on lights right now. Down the road... we'll see ;)

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations guys.

With the combos is it best to run them white or yellow? I'm decided on yellow for the fogs.

I love that Morimoto triple kit but I just can't bring myself to spend 1k+ on lights right now. Down the road... we'll see ;)
I have all white and am very happy with that. I haven't had the opportunity to drive in really bad fog with them yet, but I've been in some serious snowstorms and the white was fine. I like that the white is a little better when you don't have the fog. On the BD you can get a snap on yellow cover if you find you really need it some night. I bought a set when I got my lights.