Fog light help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjj345

Reaction score
I have a 2018 raptor without factory fog lights. I'm wondering if I can by the factory fog light switch and the factory front wire harness that includes the fog light connectors and hook both of them into the existing main wire harnes. Does anyone know if the main wire harness is the same for all models? Will the main harness for a raptor without the fog lights still have the fog light wires? Thanks for any help

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@jjj345

None of the Raptors, Gen1 or Gen2, came equipped from the factory with OEM fog lights. Your Raptor is fully equipped with six upfitter switches that are already pre-powered, fused, relayed, etc. There are a ton of different options for fog lights for these trucks. The vast majority of folks are grabbing a set of lights, mounts and wiring, then tapping the into the existing upfitter wires that are in the engine bay. Toggling the upfitter switches in the cab, you can easily turn them on and off.

We offer a ton of different kits and would be happy to assist in getting your truck setup.

888-466-8991 or check us out online at OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Here's a complete Rough Country kit with amber backlighting for $349 (three pairs of lights, wiring and mounts):

ZMjXDgs.jpg

And here's our custom stainless steel triple bezel kit complete with Baja Designs lights (these start around $899 and go up)

BBSAWP6.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There was talk about this as far back as 2017, and I believe some enterprising F150 owners were able to take the switch with fog light connection and setting, hook up, wire in lights and get it to work. I don’t know that anyone with a Raptor has done so - we have 6 up fitters after all.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^Great answer.

I would add that truck owners in cold environments should not quickly jump to LED fog lights and should consider the virtues of halogen fog lights. While LED lighting uses less power and certainly is trendy, many do not meet DOT certification specs for on-road use where one will most frequently use fog lights. Halogen fog lights provide equally good lighting or better, the vast majority meet DOT requirements for on-road use, and are generally quite a bit less expensive than LED lights.

Of particular interest to those who drive in cold and snowy climates, do consider the low placement on the vehicle of fog lights and their tendency to become coated with frozen precipitation and frozen road grime. Halogen fog lights produce enough heat so that they are self-defrosting. LED fog lights, being more electrically efficient, don't produce anywhere near as much heat and tend to load up with frozen gunk and become ineffective.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gen2 Raptors do not include factory fogs. So there is no factory fog light switch you can install. Raptors have 6 upfitter switches which you use to tie in auxiliary lighting.

We sell some killer fog kits FYI. Our wiring harnesses are the best (from what our customers tell us). Each of our kits includes 3 pairs of lights, a pair of our USA made (we make them here on Long Island) brackets and our wiring harness. Our harness is an all-in-one plug and play style harness, which makes it REALLY easy to tie into your factory upfitters (no need to run wires into the cab).

We're having a sale right now for Labor day so it's a GREAT time to buy:

Raptor2.jpg

OP
OP
J

jjj345

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. I am aware raptors don’t come with fog lights but you can get the f150 switch with the fog light button FL3Z-11654-BA and it will fit in the dash. You can also get the front wire harness that fits into the main that has fog light connectors. I was just wondering if anyone knew if the main harness on a raptor was the same as an f150

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. I am aware raptors don’t come with fog lights but you can get the f150 switch with the fog light button FL3Z-11654-BA and it will fit in the dash. You can also get the front wire harness that fits into the main that has fog light connectors. I was just wondering if anyone knew if the main harness on a raptor was the same as an f150
No. You’re overthinking it.
Upfitters.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
IIRC, at some point Ford stopped provisioning the wiring in the Raptor harness for the fog lights. He’s right about the switch, and ... this is reaching back, but I think at least some early Gen 2 Raps may have had the wiring in the harness.

The -advantage- would ideally be twofold
1) you save an up fitter
2) The fogs automatically turn off with high beams, to be “road legal” in states that cap the number of forward lights you can have at one time.
Bonus: you can enable bambi mode with FORSCAN and the fogs stay on with high beams. <-- just like with an up fitter ;-)

It was more hassle than it was worth for me.