GEN 2 Fog light bracket recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are on this forum, it’s not a bad product, just doesn’t line up a triple rigid configuration properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh it's not one of the ones listed then. (SPP, N-FAB, Diode Dynamics, Rigid and whatever backyard hillbilly setup smurflayer was talking about lol)

bmexline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed that the spp brackets didn't line the lights up centered in the opening. For that much money, they shouldn't cut off the inside lower 1/4 of the inside light. Now I have 1/4th of my light lighting up the inside surface of my bumper. I would suggest a different brand, making peace with the poor alignment or being prepared to modify a $125 set of brackets.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed that the spp brackets didn't line the lights up centered in the opening. For that much money, they shouldn't cut off the inside lower 1/4 of the inside light. Now I have 1/4th of my light lighting up the inside surface of my bumper. I would suggest a different brand, making peace with the poor alignment or being prepared to modify a $125 set of brackets.

They do allow you to center the lights... you can move the entire assembly up/down on both the left and right side... so you can certainly center the lights. Did you loosen the mounting bolt on either side, which would allow you to move the assembly up/down on both sides?

You can also move the lights on the track as well allowing you to bring them forward/back/left/right individually...

I know one issue you had was the KC Lights use a very large bolt so you had to modify yours for that bigger bolt (since KC has a weird locking mechanism).

bmexline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do allow you to center the lights... you can move the entire assembly up/down on both the left and right side... so you can certainly center the lights. Did you loosen the mounting bolt on either side, which would allow you to move the assembly up/down on both sides?

You can also move the lights on the track as well allowing you to bring them forward/back/left/right individually...

I know one issue you had was the KC Lights use a very large bolt so you had to modify yours for that bigger bolt (since KC has a weird locking mechanism).

I don't see any way to adjust them so they are moved more towards the outside of the truck. Maybe I'm being dense. You wouldn't want to move them back in the channel because they are already tucked into the bumper pretty far. Hopefully I'm just missing something.....

20190613_212820690_iOS.jpg

20190613_212829765_iOS.jpg

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see any way to adjust them so they are moved more towards the outside of the truck. Maybe I'm being dense. You wouldn't want to move them back in the channel because they are already tucked into the bumper pretty far. Hopefully I'm just missing something.....

View attachment 124780

View attachment 124781

I can’t tell if it’s the camera view or what... but something doesn’t look right. I think all of the brackets, to some extent, struggle to fill the opening just right. But i went with Baja Designs lighting and ended up with the stainless Offroad Alliance bracket. Couldn’t be happier. I agree with you... all that adjustment on the SPP is useless if you can only pull them deeper into the pocket.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's how brackets work on the Raptors. To move the lights out from being slightly blocked on the inside, you slide them back/on an angle... which yes will bring them more recessed a bit... but outside of that you can't really do much with a bracket system AND keep it universal. If you did a sideways channel, that let's you slide the lights left/right, then you'd certainly solve that issue of blocking the light on the inside. BUT at the same time you create a new problem... which is the possibility of not being able to move the lights forward/back, preventing you from installing the lights if you use bigger lights and/or removing the bezel/lenses.

You'd also have to have the bracket designed for one style light and the inability to mix/match goes out the window.

With the SPP bracket, you can mix and match, as bmexline has done (with KC + Baja). Or go with Rigid/Baja as some customers have done.

All other brackets do similar concepts with them. Baja locks you in. N-Fab locks you in (both have holes the bolts go in). Diode has a channel like the SPP, but has that mounting tab that causes the bracket to wobble/bend.

Kinda gotta pick your battles. Losing a tiny corner of light to have them sit as far forward is worth it to me, in order to have full control over pointing the light left/right/up/down. You could as I said slide them on the channel, bringing them to the other side slightly and at the same time recessed more. That'll make it get past the opening but then you might not like the recessed look.

Every bracket/bezel system out there fills a need. But they also have soar spots with some folks where they may not be able to do something another system does. Again, gotta pick your battles.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we have the SPP Triple Fog Light brackets available. They are VERY popular as you get to pick/choose what lights you use. In your case, you have the lights already so it's almost a no-brainer. The SPP brackets let you use all three pairs of lights. Furthermore, we offer as an option our custom made all-in-one wiring harness for your lights. Since you said you got 3 pairs of Rigid pods you just need to add on the Rigid harness. It'll include the connectors for the Rigid lights already installed AND as a bonus, we also include a control wire as well (in case you are running the Radiance lights).

The SPP bracket is made right here in America and allows you to aim your lights wherever you want.

You can check out the bracket here: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-brackets/

It's not a CHEAP bracket by any means but it's the best bracket I've personally ever tested (and i've tested a LOT in my time). When we first got the SPP bracket in as a demo unit we were really amazed with the attention to detail and quality that went into it. I had tried some other brackets on the market (including some cheap ones) but was not impressed with now the brackets bend under stress and how they mounted (tabs that can bend are never good for mounting points).

image__87916.1545280402.png

Now if you want to save some cash... we stock the Diode Dynamics brackets. These are not as solid as the SPP brackets since they are made from cheaper material BUT they are inexpensive. You'd need to add-on the wiring harness separate since it's not listed as an "ADD-ON". The Diode Dynamics brackets are in stock at our warehouse and available here:

Bracket: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-2017-ford-raptor-led-fog-brackets/

Wiring Harness: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystal...nectors-rigid-industries-kc-hilites-vision-x/

image__07449.1542230669.png

Then of course are the N-Fab brackets. A little more durable over the Diode Dynamic brackets but again feature that dang mounting tab that can bend... still an option for you and again, you'd need the wiring harness separate...

Bracket: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/n-fab-fog-light-mounts-for-2017-ford-raptor/

Harness: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystal...nectors-rigid-industries-kc-hilites-vision-x/

T534008__93569.1541803745.jpg
Can you tell us what gauge metal each of these brackets are for comparison?

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how brackets work on the Raptors. To move the lights out from being slightly blocked on the inside, you slide them back/on an angle... which yes will bring them more recessed a bit... but outside of that you can't really do much with a bracket system AND keep it universal. If you did a sideways channel, that let's you slide the lights left/right, then you'd certainly solve that issue of blocking the light on the inside. BUT at the same time you create a new problem... which is the possibility of not being able to move the lights forward/back, preventing you from installing the lights if you use bigger lights and/or removing the bezel/lenses.

You'd also have to have the bracket designed for one style light and the inability to mix/match goes out the window.

With the SPP bracket, you can mix and match, as bmexline has done (with KC + Baja). Or go with Rigid/Baja as some customers have done.

All other brackets do similar concepts with them. Baja locks you in. N-Fab locks you in (both have holes the bolts go in). Diode has a channel like the SPP, but has that mounting tab that causes the bracket to wobble/bend.

Kinda gotta pick your battles. Losing a tiny corner of light to have them sit as far forward is worth it to me, in order to have full control over pointing the light left/right/up/down. You could as I said slide them on the channel, bringing them to the other side slightly and at the same time recessed more. That'll make it get past the opening but then you might not like the recessed look.

Every bracket/bezel system out there fills a need. But they also have soar spots with some folks where they may not be able to do something another system does. Again, gotta pick your battles.

Just sharing my experience... limited as it may be. But mine fit the pocket and allows me to adjust as i wanted anyway...
3c9287624db5ad89aadb5cec30a6af2d.jpg

Either way... I’m pleased. And based on experience would recommend FordRaptorLights.com. Harnesses were complete no brainer too. I wanted 3 switches for 3 sets... 1 harness. Very well made. Done.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just sharing my experience... limited as it may be. But mine fit the pocket and allows me to adjust as i wanted anyway...
Either way... I’m pleased. And based on experience would recommend FordRaptorLights.com. Harnesses were complete no brainer too. I wanted 3 switches for 3 sets... 1 harness. Very well made. Done.

Our harness is 1 single harness with connections for 3 pairs of switches as well (going to 3 upfitters). Baja's included harness only lets you do 3 pairs of lights from 2 switches (2 pairs share a switch) but our harness lets you do all 3 on 3 different upfitters. The Rigid harness we offer also includes a control wire for the amber backlight feature on the Radiance lights. We even do custom mixing and matching (baja/rigid, etc...).