GEN 2 Fog light bracket recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a great deal on 6 Rigid pods that I could not pass up. Was not expecting to find them and have not done a whole lot of research on fog light kits.

Looks like I have two options—a bezel kit that uses 4 pods and a smaller light or a standalone bracket that squeezes three lights in each hole. I am leaning towards that option as it appears to be the cheaper option, and I don’t have to buy anymore lights.

Does any bracket kit stand out over the rest? Cheapest but functional option? I will probably need a plug and play triple harness set up for each side. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You can make the bracket yourself with 2x 14” pieces of 2 inch angle aluminum or steel, picked up from your local home improvement place of choice. It’s not terribly hard, takes about 1-3 hours depending on how good a metal worker you are. You just need a mitre saw, metal cutting blade, - you could use a reciprocating saw or hacksaw if you wanted; a drill and bits of the right size, tape measure or dial calipers.

Mock it up; cut to length, drill the mount holes for the 2 ends, one goes to the bumper bracket bolt, the other is fairly obvious. Mock up the lights, then mark.

1) measure.
2) measure again.
3) drill holes
4) blame @smurfslayer when they come out uneven :)

I mounted 6 B/D lights this way, following the exact same procedure. they’re a little off if you look close enough but they work just fine.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just got a great deal on 6 Rigid pods that I could not pass up. Was not expecting to find them and have not done a whole lot of research on fog light kits.

Looks like I have two options—a bezel kit that uses 4 pods and a smaller light or a standalone bracket that squeezes three lights in each hole. I am leaning towards that option as it appears to be the cheaper option, and I don’t have to buy anymore lights.

Does any bracket kit stand out over the rest? Cheapest but functional option? I will probably need a plug and play triple harness set up for each side. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we have the SPP Triple Fog Light brackets available. They are VERY popular as you get to pick/choose what lights you use. In your case, you have the lights already so it's almost a no-brainer. The SPP brackets let you use all three pairs of lights. Furthermore, we offer as an option our custom made all-in-one wiring harness for your lights. Since you said you got 3 pairs of Rigid pods you just need to add on the Rigid harness. It'll include the connectors for the Rigid lights already installed AND as a bonus, we also include a control wire as well (in case you are running the Radiance lights).

The SPP bracket is made right here in America and allows you to aim your lights wherever you want.

You can check out the bracket here: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-brackets/

It's not a CHEAP bracket by any means but it's the best bracket I've personally ever tested (and i've tested a LOT in my time). When we first got the SPP bracket in as a demo unit we were really amazed with the attention to detail and quality that went into it. I had tried some other brackets on the market (including some cheap ones) but was not impressed with now the brackets bend under stress and how they mounted (tabs that can bend are never good for mounting points).

image__87916.1545280402.png

Now if you want to save some cash... we stock the Diode Dynamics brackets. These are not as solid as the SPP brackets since they are made from cheaper material BUT they are inexpensive. You'd need to add-on the wiring harness separate since it's not listed as an "ADD-ON". The Diode Dynamics brackets are in stock at our warehouse and available here:

Bracket: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-2017-ford-raptor-led-fog-brackets/

Wiring Harness: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystal...nectors-rigid-industries-kc-hilites-vision-x/

image__07449.1542230669.png

Then of course are the N-Fab brackets. A little more durable over the Diode Dynamic brackets but again feature that dang mounting tab that can bend... still an option for you and again, you'd need the wiring harness separate...

Bracket: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/n-fab-fog-light-mounts-for-2017-ford-raptor/

Harness: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystal...nectors-rigid-industries-kc-hilites-vision-x/

T534008__93569.1541803745.jpg

Ghostrider757

Reaction score
Just went though this myself. Don’t waste your time with other brackets, the 3 rigids won’t align correctly. Go with the NFab brackets, you won’t be sorry.

I’d upload pics of the difference (I had to install them twice lol) but my phone doesn’t let me attach them.

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went Rigid but when installed the Rigid logo was upside down. The simple fix was buying Rigid lens covers that snap on. I was getting them anyway. This was using the Rigid bracket and harness.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just went though this myself. Don’t waste your time with other brackets, the 3 rigids won’t align correctly. Go with the NFab brackets, you won’t be sorry.

I’d upload pics of the difference (I had to install them twice lol) but my phone doesn’t let me attach them.

What vendor made bracket are you referencing? I don't think any vendors who make their own bracket replied here

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I went Rigid but when installed the Rigid logo was upside down. The simple fix was buying Rigid lens covers that snap on. I was getting them anyway. This was using the Rigid bracket and harness.

You can do that OR you can get the Rigid brackets which let you mount them 180 degrees.