FNG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sweatnblood

Reaction score
So just pulled the trigger and bought a 19 with 65K miles. looks super clean and had all the options so said **** it…I have a 08 Tundra that I love and put a lot of work in but it's only 2WD and now I have 4WD and can AC my nuts lol…and now the rabbit hole will begin…was thinking of going ORA550 stage 3, and maybe add in the powermax stage 3 turbos. The history report said it was updated with a PCM reprogram, along with the cam phasers two things that were noted in these trucks to look for. Anything else I should be concerned about along with any suggestions on upgrades would be much appreciated. Have a great day

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just pulled the trigger and bought a 19 with 65K miles. looks super clean and had all the options so said **** it…I have a 08 Tundra that I love and put a lot of work in but it's only 2WD and now I have 4WD and can AC my nuts lol…and now the rabbit hole will begin…was thinking of going ORA550 stage 3, and maybe add in the powermax stage 3 turbos. The history report said it was updated with a PCM reprogram, along with the cam phasers two things that were noted in these trucks to look for. Anything else I should be concerned about along with any suggestions on upgrades would be much appreciated. Have a great day
Awesome! Welcome to the forum! It is a dangerous yet fun rabbit hole that I've tried to stay out of because I'm still under warranty. Congrats!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

What are your goals for the truck? What mods does it already have? Might not want to start with bigger turbos if not running a FMIC and a good tune yet. That upgrade might give you the power increase you are looking for.

Pictures of said new Gen 2, or we will assume you bought a prius.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

IIRC, ORA550 is the only major tune that preserves the ability to run 87-93 octane. If you’re going to off road or be in the middle of nowhere often, you’ll definite find places without super unleaded.

@Nex hit the nail on the head, a couple of times. We’ll give the benefit of the doubt with the profile pic but will assume you’re a prius owner if you don’t follow up quick.

Definitely have your goals for the truck in mind before you mod !

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!

Here's hoping the profile pic makes it one less Prius
Yeah, it seems some of us ... <cough> @K223 <cough> have softened a little on counting profile pictures so I thought we should cut the N00b some slack.

What do you guys think? Profile pic enough? Or time for provisional prius pic?
I can see both sides.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems some of us ... <cough> @K223 <cough> have softened a little on counting profile pictures so I thought we should cut the N00b some slack.

What do you guys think? Profile pic enough? Or time for provisional prius pic?
I can see both sides.
Executive decision here...been over 12 hrs since intro. Provisional pic assigned

8uACutL.jpg