FMICs and Temps

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Has your Raptor overheated since you installed your FMIC?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Southern California 90% mountains up to 7000 ft 80-120*f/ Palm desert 100-120*f; no towing no issues ATM; I drive it hard 60% of the time.
Cobb intake
Cobb FMIC
Cobb Accesport: Goose tune
SPD catted down pipes
SPD turbo adapters
Stock exhaust
Stock bumperS currently
Stock tire size BFG KO 2

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I'm curious as well. I plan on doing a relocation kit to make room for a new bumper and winch

I want a winch too, however, I have been holding back since I'd like to keep the stock bumper which means either a FMIC or a different front bumper to be able to keep IC in stock location.

I like this thread as I might learn whether or not I would need a larger radiator or if I install a FMIC can I just get it to work with a certain FMIC and a 180° or 170 ° thermostat.

:popcorn:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live north of Houston in SE Texas where it gets above 100 degrees for many weeks in the middle of summer. My truck has never overheated with long trips across Texas in the dead of summer. I use it mainly on the road, but it has seen its fair share of off-roading in the Texas Hill Country, as well.

My truck is a 2018 and I made the following performance modifications more than two years ago, just after buying the truck:

MPT 93 PRX Tune
Full Race IC (Black)
NOTE: Removed Shutters
eBOV Vented to Atmosphere
SPD Turbo Adapters
Flowmaster FlowFX Muffler Replacement
170 T-Stat
SP 542 Spark Plugs

I have the following Bumper and Light mounted in front of the FMIC:

Miller Offroad Design custom front bumper w/ frame horns cut
BD 40" Arc Series OnX 6 Light Bar Driving Combo w/ Dual Control

I see temps in the high 190s during the summer, but I rarely see anything higher. It normal runs between 180-190 the rest of the year according to my nGuage.

You cannot see the FMIC because I purposely ordered the BLACK one to hide it from prying eyes. :p

vYPkFAX%SmOICE6NdO7Vlw.jpg

Full Race IC Installation Pics:

IMG_3271.JPG

IMG_3206.JPG

Last edited:

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a winch too, however, I have been holding back since I'd like to keep the stock bumper which means either a FMIC or a different front bumper to be able to keep IC in stock location.

I like this thread as I might learn whether or not I would need a larger radiator or if I install a FMIC can I just get it to work with a certain FMIC and a 180° or 170 ° thermostat.

:popcorn:

I'm specifically aiming for an ADD bumper or the stealth bumpers (mostly because of similar style) which both require a relocated IC. I'm leaning towards the stealth bumper cause I've been seeing some rust issues with ADD bumpers on here.
I'm hoping a beefier IC will keep temps cooler but as long as I'm around 190, I'll be happy. Stock temps I average around 207-209

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From factory, these trucks run a little bit hotter then your average JDM/Korean cars, on my '19 totally stock I see water temp goes as high 107*c, then the stupid shutters open and it goes down to 102*c.

Granted I live in hot'n'dustey middle East and my daily ambient temp is always 42-46*c.

Get a cooler Tstat, and get a tuner to tune the fan curve to kick in smoother and earlier.