Flush mounted Baja Designs OnX6+ install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice work. Two pics above the pic of the plier holding the clip is a flat piece of something. Is that for the cruise control? I don’t see it in any other pic.

I have Baja design pro lights in the bumper openings, 3 on each side. Please explain to me why you needed to cut off the factory wiring? I’m a beginner with this stuff. Ty.

Also, totally agree they are ripping us off for those brackets. Wondered what the difference was between the 6 and 6+. Now I know.

OP
OP
Speeddeacon

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work. Two pics above the pic of the plier holding the clip is a flat piece of something. Is that for the cruise control? I don’t see it in any other pic.

I have Baja design pro lights in the bumper openings, 3 on each side. Please explain to me why you needed to cut off the factory wiring? I’m a beginner with this stuff. Ty.

Also, totally agree they are ripping us off for those brackets. Wondered what the difference was between the 6 and 6+. Now I know.

IDK what the flat piece is.

Don’t have to cut wiring, I just wanted to use a water tight weather pack connector.

6 vs 6+ is not the bracket. It is electronics and output. The “Raptor kit” has the bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. One other question. Did you mount it flush because you liked how it looks that way? I do. Or is there a thread or test showing it also illuminates better that way?

Oh, and that flat piece I asked you about, I can’t tell where it is. Is that exposed when you removed one of the solid pieces surrounding the grill?

OP
OP
Speeddeacon

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Others have reported a significant reduction in output when mounted behind the grill. Since I have it in wide cornering, I didn’t want the grill to reduce the lateral light dispersion. I too like the way it looks.

The flat piece sits behind the solid portion of the grill unit.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also want to do it flush as you did. You said inch and a half bolts witih spacers. What is the diameter of the bolts? Do you know? ty.

Much appreciate your time. ty

Last edited:
OP
OP
Speeddeacon

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used 1/4-20-1 1/2 but you can use any size that fits.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mine today. Came out almost as good as yours. Thank you for the step by step.