Flowmaster “Directfit”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone else install the Directfit muffler and have issues with fitment?

The front pipe doesn’t fit inside the factory midpipe, without a spreader. And the pipe wont bottom out before the bends over the axle hit the bed crossmember. So even with the clamps torqued down I get a mild exhaust hissing leak.

Dig the sound except the hiss, just wish the fitment was better.

Its like the OD of the flowmaster tube is too large and the exhaust clamp doesnt get a full seal.

Maybe I just got a bad kit.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have one myself, but during my exhaust research I recall a couple other members posting about fitment issues with the Flowmaster muffler. Unfortunately I don't think it's just you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

amg55driver

Reaction score
anyone else install the Directfit muffler and have issues with fitment?

The front pipe doesn’t fit inside the factory midpipe, without a spreader. And the pipe wont bottom out before the bends over the axle hit the bed crossmember. So even with the clamps torqued down I get a mild exhaust hissing leak.

Dig the sound except the hiss, just wish the fitment was better.

Its like the OD of the flowmaster tube is too large and the exhaust clamp doesnt get a full seal.

Maybe I just got a bad kit.

So question about your direct fit muffler, is this just swap out factory muffler only? And keep the resonator? How does it sound? Any drone like their full kit (others complaint about drone...)

Pls lmk! Im on the same boat have not installed yet.

OP
OP
Biggwrm

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the sound of mine. I don’t notice any drone. Keeps the resonator and the factory pipes.

Fit just leaves some to be desired

OP
OP
Biggwrm

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an update, I posted a 3star review of the FlowFx on Holleys website.
3star due to fitment. I like the sound tho.
Apparently Holley didn't agree with my review as they didn't post it.
Figured atleast I would receive an email from their customer service about my satisfaction. Alas, nothing.

Guess I’ll research better clamps.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been running the Flowmaster FlowFX on my 2018 for the last year without issues. As others have posted, my builder had a tough time with the muffler's fitment, but he welded it so I have no hissing! I left the factory catted downpipes, resonator and tailpipes.

I also have SPD TAs and the truck sounds great under acceleration. I have no drone at any speed and it is quiet when I drive normally, but really growls to life when I put my foot into it. I also have an MPT 93 PRX tune to liven up the engine, among many other mods. :cool:

I heard most exhaust shops will charge about $100 to weld them on, so that might be the way to go if you cannot find better clamps.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else try this , or is the a muffler swap that fits better yet?

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Corsa also makes a muffler kit. It is high quality, fits great, and NO drone. It has been pretty popular with our customers. Message me for a quote if interested. We have a few in stock right now!