Floor liner w/ subwoofer box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Possibly an ignorant question. What do people typically do with the floor liner/mat after you've added a subwoofer box under the seat? Here's the options I'm seeing.

- Leave the liner under the box. Seems like a bad idea as you'd either have to leave the liner in permanently or the box wouldn't be securely attached.

- Cut the existing liner to fit. I'm not sure how it can be cut cleanly and not likely the idea of messing that up.

- Replace the liner with mats that fit in front of the box. I see that weathertech, and probably others, make a mat for this, but I'd prefer the fuller coverage of a mat.

- Get a custom sized liner. I'm not sure this exists and surely would be an expensive option.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are over thinking it.

I just put mine down on top of it. The rubber keeps the box from moving around.

The factory rear mat is so big, there is rarely a need to take it out to clean under it. things can't get under it.

Dont cut it.

OP
OP
melvimbe

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps, but just making sure I'm not missing any details.

I do take mine out to hose it off every time I clean the interior. Much easier to clean the liner that way then to vacuum all the space.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
in 10 months, mine has only been taken out 1x. I guess it just doesnt get that dirty back there.

But if it does....the actual sub box can be moved pretty easy to allow the matt to be removed.

OP
OP
melvimbe

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
in 10 months, mine has only been taken out 1x. I guess it just doesnt get that dirty back there.

Jango (dog in my pic) sheds like crazy. And white hair definitely stands out in the black interior. Even if he's not been in the back recently, it still needs to be cleaned up at least once a week. I'd rather be able to pull out the mat then vacuum it every time.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut mine around my stealthbox. Since the stealthbox mounts to the floor I needed to in order to remove it to clean it.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My answer was to place 2 10 inchers behind the seat. Thus saving ALL the floor space and not having to cut up the matt. The sound is amazing!!! Bass hit hard and the only thing I had to give up was the factory jack. Under seat boxes are a waste of space. Car toys built the box for me and did the install....along with the rest of the upgrade. The nav-tv A@B is a must and I used a TWK88 for the DSP which I also consider a must to get the most out of the system.rear speakers.jpg

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why a second DSP as the NAV-TV A2B has a DSP?

No it does not. The Nav device simply converts the stock signal into something that that be used to feed a clean signal into a DSP or amp and get rid of your factory amp. The TWK lets you set speaker timing alignment, individual speaker volume and tune/EQ each speaker individually creating a custom sound signature for your truck...the Nav device is needed but only as an integration device to aftermarket AMP/DSP...BTW...I originally had a fix86 instead of the NAV device...I don't recommend it and it doesn't eliminate the stock amp.