Floor jack discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wondering if the Harbor frieght floor jacks are worth the price. I need one to get the Raptor up on Jack stands to do Tire rotations. Been doing it using the stock jack the last 4 go arounds. I am tired of dealing with the stock jack. I know most floor jacks fall short in lift hieght for the Raptor, but I have some 4 x 4 oak wood I'll use to make up the difference. I been setting the truck on my 6 ton jack stands during the tire rotation. I know they are not great jacks, but right now I'm on a low buget. I also looked at the Torin Big Red 2.5 ton SUV jack, it has a built in lift extention, but the Big Red jack looks a little chessy to me.

Thanks

OP
OP
H

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thats good enough for me, head down to Harbor Frieght right now! Being the truck is 3 tons, but I'm only lifting one corner at a time, I would assume a 2 ton jack or better would be plenty?

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have lifted a full size SUV with my track jack, but feel safer with an all steel one.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the 2 ton will be okay for the weight, but they're smaller jacks. You're better off spending another $20 and getting one of their 3 ton jacks. The added lift height is really nice. Especially with the 6 ton jack stands, the 3 ton jacks can relatively easily & safely get the truck high enough to really utilize the 6 ton stands height wise.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the 3 ton to be safe. Its my 2nd HF jack and both have outlasted my craftsman that cost twice as much.

Cause Craftsman are disposable pieces of shit. Every tool they have sucks.

My shop jack is from Costco. I've had it for a good 5 years now without issue.