GEN 2 Flashing Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor360tim

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Ford Raptor with a 91 octane tune from Diablo i3 tuner, AFE track series open intake, and the AFE scorcher boost controller.

When flooring it in Race mode on the scorcher while having the truck setting in Sport, with the 91 tune my check engine light starts to flash.

But, when I have the scorcher in sport+ and the truck setting in sport with he 91 tune it doesn’t have the the issue.

Another issue, is when I first had the 91 tune and only the tune on my truck I could pass 100mph easily but now it’s slow on even getting up there. And when I floor it from stop to around 80mph my truck starts to overheat but eventually cools down to me not gassing it anymore.

Any thoughts on what is going on with my truck is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#PicturesOrItsAprius

You have a tune and scorcher... why?

The tune is ... or should be mutually exclusive with a ‘boost controller’. There is not a lot of boost head room on the Raptor turbos to add more boost without dramatically increasing heat. You’re probably seeing heat soak for the performance concerns.

The check engine light is self inflicted. take the scorcher off.

get FORSCAN and an adapter to pull your DTC from the truck. it’s probably something related to the boost increase - some value out of range.

OP
OP
R

raptor360tim

Reaction score
Hmm even when I didn’t have the scorcher and had only the 91 tune it would overheat when I floored it from stop to about 80mph.

Also I have both because I thought you can run a tune with the controller to get more Hp and Tq. Am I not able to?

Last edited:

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the code from the OBD. Sounds like misfire(s).
I had the same issue when I floored it after installing PRX 91 Tune from MPT. The CEL would flash and truck would go into short-term limp-mode. Pulled the code, turned out to be misfire in cylinder 6. Replaced all sparkplugs with gapped Ford cold plugs and truck runs great now with no misfire codes thrown.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Def get rid of the Diablo i3 tuner, its farrrr from perfect and not optimizing your engine at all!! Go with COBB tune at least then get Goosetune to fine tune your truck and you will be very happy--it will blow your current tune out of the water! Also you should go with a step colder plug that goosetune sells too....

***I would take the tune and scorcher OFF and go back to stock and see if any weird things happen, I'm betting your truck will be ok!

Last edited: