Flashing BD lights on acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toggle1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2013 raptor

I have the GJ Motorsports third brake light installed with three Baja design lights. They are hooked up by a harness to flash on Aux 3 and steady on Aux 4.

Under medium to heavy acceleration, the BD lights start flashing as if I switched aux 3, for the duration of the acceleration. As soon as I let off the gas, the flashing stops.

Any idea what’s going on?

OP
OP
T

toggle1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All three Baja lights are connected to the Stop/Turn/Reverse/flash harness provided by GJmotorsports Which are then connected to factory aux switch 3 for the flash and aux 4 for regular “on.” The ground is the small 10mm bolt in the kick panel

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’d verify connections at the harness, then ground. If the symptoms persist, I’d suspect the harness. A little late for this now, but checking continuity on all the connections end to end within that harness might show an issue.

Did this setup ever work as designed; steady on with Up fitter 4 and flash only with up fitter 3 or did this work for a while and then begin malfunctioning?
(what happens when you have both up fitters 3 and 4 selected btw?)