Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Flares: Factory gray or satin black?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by Klavius Morph, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Klavius Morph

Klavius Morph Member

The rears were chipped up pretty badly from highway/offroad gravel and the right front had some minor impact damage so I had my favorite local shop sand 'em down and repaint all four. I told them satin black so they'd have some reflectivity. The original job came back totally flat black which I didn't want, so I had them redone a 2nd time.

Which looks better? I was never fond of the factory gray because the only thing it matched colorwise was the front bumper (which I no longer have).

2. David Godbee

David Godbee Full Access Member

To me they both look good. Your truck my friend, mod it like you want. looks are really what you like and you'll always find someone that will disagree with your choice when you ask the question. Always remember, enjoy your ride your way, that's what counts.

3. melvimbe

melvimbe Full Access Member

I do like the black better, but in the images, the black looks flare looks smaller, not as wide. Wider looks better IMO. That said, it does look the camera angle between pics is different, so it could just be the angle that makes the black look smaller.

4. cnez

cnez Member

Im going through this debate right now.....looks like black it is. It will go better with my digital mud than the gray.....thanks for posting.

5. IERAPTOR

IERAPTOR Member

I would vote Black..

sixshooter_45 likes this.
  6. Gary E

Gary E Full Access Member

Grey. The black draws the eye away from the rest of the truck. The grey doesn't steal your eye.

7. BucksRunner

BucksRunner Member

I'm debating the same thing right now on my Blue Flame Metallic. On your truck I would definitely go with black.