Flares: Factory gray or satin black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klavius Morph

Reaction score
The rears were chipped up pretty badly from highway/offroad gravel and the right front had some minor impact damage so I had my favorite local shop sand 'em down and repaint all four. I told them satin black so they'd have some reflectivity. The original job came back totally flat black which I didn't want, so I had them redone a 2nd time.

Which looks better? I was never fond of the factory gray because the only thing it matched colorwise was the front bumper (which I no longer have).

View media item 14388

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me they both look good. Your truck my friend, mod it like you want. looks are really what you like and you'll always find someone that will disagree with your choice when you ask the question. Always remember, enjoy your ride your way, that's what counts.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do like the black better, but in the images, the black looks flare looks smaller, not as wide. Wider looks better IMO. That said, it does look the camera angle between pics is different, so it could just be the angle that makes the black look smaller.

cnez

Reaction score
Im going through this debate right now.....looks like black it is. It will go better with my digital mud than the gray.....thanks for posting.

OP
OP
Klavius Morph

Klavius Morph

Reaction score
I do like the black better, but in the images, the black looks flare looks smaller, not as wide. Wider looks better IMO. That said, it does look the camera angle between pics is different, so it could just be the angle that makes the black look smaller.

Funny, I noticed that too, but I promise you they're the same flares. :)
(Camera angles & lighting)

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am debating this as well mine were color matched (white) to the truck. My bumpers have been powder coated black so it will probably be black. What did your favorite shop charge you?