FIXED! New 2020 owner with (no more) mechanical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ldstruckn

Reaction score
2020 with 900 miles in the first two weeks with no issues. almost time to start driving it like I want instead of babying the hot rod

OP
OP
mpegman

mpegman

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback. The good news is that it appears that the issues have been resolved. Here's a breakdown of what happened:

1. At 300 miles first CE light came on, went to Autozone and then googled it. Decided to clear it and see if it would come back.
  2. CE light came back on at 1,000 miles on our first road trip to Florida. Stopped in at local dealer and they said it was fine to continue so I brought it in to local Florida Ford dealer when we arrived at around 1,700 miles on the truck. They replaced the purge valve. Seemed ok after that but acceleration was "choppy"
  3. The CE light came back on at around 1,800 miles, took it in and they forgot to reconnect a vacuum hose connected to the air intake. They fixed it yesterday.
The truck feels WAY better now. Pulls hard, no issues, really getting to enjoy the truck now. Going for daily "fun runs" to break her in for real now.

Fingers crossed no more CE lights!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback. The good news is that it appears that the issues have been resolved. Here's a breakdown of what happened:

1. At 300 miles first CE light came on, went to Autozone and then googled it. Decided to clear it and see if it would come back.
  2. CE light came back on at 1,000 miles on our first road trip to Florida. Stopped in at local dealer and they said it was fine to continue so I brought it in to local Florida Ford dealer when we arrived at around 1,700 miles on the truck. They replaced the purge valve. Seemed ok after that but acceleration was "choppy"
  3. The CE light came back on at around 1,800 miles, took it in and they forgot to reconnect a vacuum hose connected to the air intake. They fixed it yesterday.
The truck feels WAY better now. Pulls hard, no issues, really getting to enjoy the truck now. Going for daily "fun runs" to break her in for real now.

I'd say you should go into the General Manager and demand a new truck! Oh, wait...that was another thread. Never mind.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks happy ending!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2020 has a possessed back up camera.

There was a supplier issue with the cameras on multiple 2020 models that Ford is aware of. They identified the issue to be at the camera connection (component side) and they are currently producing new cameras to ship to dealers. Have you brought it into the dealer yet?