FIXED! New 2020 owner with (no more) mechanical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpegman

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a brand new Raptor owner. This is my first Ford, my first American vehicle, and my first truck. So I'm a newb all around.

So far, I love driving the truck, it's fantastic. However, after 5 weeks, I've had check engine lights 3 times and 2 visits to the dealer. First time was a faulty purge valve (was stuck open). This latest time, we will see (it's in the shop right now).

I've only put highway miles on the truck so far so no off-roading (yet). Seems a little bit pathetic that an off-road racing truck has had so many issues right out of the gate.

Anyone else had issues with 2020's so far?

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the troubles. I've only got 1400 on my 20, but no issues yet. This is my first Ford, 3rd "domestic" I had two 2017 Chevy's, they were my first and second domestics, and no issues with either of those. Hopefully they get it fixed properly.

Reaction score
I have 5000 miles on my 2020 I picked up in January and the only glitch I’ve had is the radio freezing up on me which reset itself once I turn the engine off gave it a few minutes and restarted it. Truck runs fantastic. There is one thing that I don’t know if it’s s issue, when I run it in sport mode it seems to run extremely high rpm’s for quite some time before it shifts.

Ducc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry to hear about those issues with your new truck. I have a 2020 as well and had to have my backup camera replaced. Other than that, the truck is great (knocking on wood). I'm coming from a 2012 F150 that was fantastic, so I have high hopes for this truck too. Keep us posted on what the dealer comes back with. Good luck!

Crosby

Reaction score
2020 with about 3,800 miles. No issues. I have run it off road and had it in all modes including trailer/haul mode. Honestly these trucks have so many capabilities and tech that there maybe small issues here and there, thats why you have a warrenty. One thing i have seen on forums and Raptor pages (even the dealer) is to run them hard for the 1st few thousand miles to seat the valves and have the transmission learn your driving habits. The turbos need to run full cycle as well and that requires pushing the truck a little. Only precaution i have taken is changing over to full synthetic oil at 2,000 miles and then planning to change oil every 4,000 to 5,000 after that. With the crazy hp Ford gets out of a twin turbo V6, I think you have to take that into consideration with maintenance. Enjoy man! Crazy world we live in right now and some days hitting that pedal is what puts a smile back on my face

Miggy

Reaction score
I have a 2020 and around 5000 miles on mine. No issues besides the apple CarPlay not wanting to work occasionally. Only other thing was my wheel well trim was loose. Took it in and the replaced the clips. Other than that it’s a beast

BillVickers

Reaction score
I don't know if this will make you feel better but...

Just get your warranty issues resolved and enjoy your truck. Trust it's the best you can get for an all-around capable truck. I have German cars that have never seen the dealership other than service (and wheels...my wife rashing the wheels on her MB). I also blessed with a 720S and I consider the dealership its garage.