FIX: Door rattle B&O sound system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I totally have this issue as well. As always, gotta research how to take the door panels off. Hopefully it isn’t too bad. Plus the rear is rattling somewhere under or behind the seats. Haven’t taken the time to see if it’s the rear window something in the sea of plastic under there.

All I can do anymore is just shake my head, get over the quality issues and then fix them myself. The quality (from small to big issues) of cars/trucks over the last 5 years or more have all fallen off a cliff and it doesn’t matter the brand. It’s at a point where if your new car/truck doesn’t have these types of issues, consider yourself very very lucky.

OP
OP
socal raptor

socal raptor

Reaction score
I totally have this issue as well. As always, gotta research how to take the door panels off. Hopefully it isn’t too bad. Plus the rear is rattling somewhere under or behind the seats. Haven’t taken the time to see if it’s the rear window something in the sea of plastic under there.

All I can do anymore is just shake my head, get over the quality issues and then fix them myself. The quality (from small to big issues) of cars/trucks over the last 5 years or more have all fallen off a cliff and it doesn’t matter the brand. It’s at a point where if your new car/truck doesn’t have these types of issues, consider yourself very very lucky.
I took some photos when I took the door off, might help you.

Step 1: You have to take the A pillar triangle shaped plastic piece off. It just pulls off. There is a bolt under that towards the bottom. I forgot to take a photo of it. 7mm

Step 2: See photos, Pry this plastic piece off below door handle, there are two bolts under it. I believe 7mm.

Step 3: There are two screws on the bottom of the door panel. Also 7mm. Careful when you tighten them if you are using a drill to not overdue it, I think they are plastic and can break easily.

Step 4: After you take all the screws/bolts out (5 in total) there are several pry tabs to get the door off. You can attempt to pry the door off or just yank the shit out of it. Either approach works. Congrats if you take it off with out breaking any plastic tabs.

Behind the door panel are a few connections. They are pretty self explantiroy to disconnect except the one for the door latch that I have circled. There is a little black tab you push down on that releases it and the cable pulls towards you. I am not sure if that makes sense but you will see when you take it apart. Just don't try yanking on that cable with out pushing the little plastic tab I circled in picture 3.

Attachments

• tempImagedVP1Q6.png
    tempImagedVP1Q6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5270.jpg
    IMG_5270.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5271.jpg
    IMG_5271.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5222.jpg
    IMG_5222.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys should consider sound deadening your four doors while you're in there. Soundskins sells the vehicle specific, and you can cut sound deadening pieces up to cover the door opposite of the paint. Makes a HUGE difference. Also the block off plates help. Think I got the plates through soundsgoodstereo. thumbnail (1).jpg
matt66.PNG
Rear door.jpg

Last edited:

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys should consider sound deadening your four doors while you're in there. Soundskins sells the vehicle specific, and you can cut sound deadening pieces up to cover the door opposite of the paint. Makes a HUGE difference. Also the block off plates help. Think I got the plates through soundsgoodstereo.
Pardon my ignorance. What is the huge difference that it makes. Could you enlighten me please?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance. What is the huge difference that it makes. Could you enlighten me please?
it quiets down the road noise substantially. allows a much better surface for sound wave so it enhances your sound system. reduces vibrations so less rattles and the metal/plastic/etc will no longer have a resonant frequency. we do it on all the vehicles we work on here at the shop.

OP
OP
socal raptor

socal raptor

Reaction score

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What Hush said but I'll throw this in. One weekend I knocked out the driver said front and back. Next weekend I knocked out the passenger side. That entire week in between I kept hearing noise coming from the passenger side. I realized of course it was road noise but the how loud it was coming from that side reinforced how quite the driver's side had become. After I did the passenger side that noise went away. Now I have done the backwall and the back flooring. I still have to pull the front seats to do under the front. 280693893_1403840616731233_1752546314854076671_n.jpg

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Hush said but I'll throw this in. One weekend I knocked out the driver said front and back. Next weekend I knocked out the passenger side. That entire week in between I kept hearing noise coming from the passenger side. I realized of course it was road noise but the how loud it was coming from that side reinforced how quite the driver's side had become. After I did the passenger side that noise went away. Now I have done the backwall and the back flooring. I still have to pull the front seats to do under the front.
Dude, that is hard core right there. I'm pretty sensitive to noises, rattles and such. May have to plan on doing this to the new truck. Thanks for the photos and post!