Five Star Ford Dallas - Gen3 Visit Wed 6/23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lacajun25

Reaction score
It's insane that it use to be a $200 option now throw it into a group that requires $1800 more of items (and I really could care less about auto tailgate). Damn Ford.

I don't think there was the option for power in the bed with Gen 1 or 2 and I'm pretty sure the Gen 2 doesn't have a power tailgate option. I know that there's an aftermarket mod you can buy that is inexpensive. It would really suck if you can't add the tailgate step as a stand alone option. I have the tailgate step on my Gen 1 and I use it regularly; it is a nice feature to have.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I don't think there was the option for power in the bed with Gen 1 or 2 and I'm pretty sure the Gen 2 doesn't have a power tailgate option. I know that there's an aftermarket mod you can buy that is inexpensive. It would really suck if you can't add the tailgate step as a stand alone option. I have the tailgate step on my Gen 1 and I use it regularly; it is a nice feature to have.
I know Gen 2 doesn't have it--I could careless about power tailgate. I love the step. Anyways...off my rant. I've order Gen3 and will buy an extra ladder to get into bed of truck :)

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is pretty ******... The tailgate step/work surface is a stand alone option for $430 on the lower trim level 2021 F150s.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few more, showing the interior and the rear. The dealer said this was a prototype model and not a final product, which could explain some small nuances. I was surprised to see the rear graphics had bubbles and was not even applied correctly! View attachment 212795
The interior looks to have more of a gray tone to the blue. Thanks again for the pics guys! I feel better about the blue.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea but its a POWER tailgate lol so you don't even have to open and close it manually lol. Not to mentioned the extra power to the bed. I opted for it

I wanted the step and the inverter but didn’t care about the power up feature. Oh well. I got it.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the 37 graphics wrap the entire bedside and some of the rear door. That could save some $$ on PPF if its not too thin. They also look better than the ford builder pics
I deleted mine and now im unsure ‍.
Hopefully they do a better install on our trucks ,that gas cap area yikes!

Dtsgli

Reaction score
Here are a few more, showing the interior and the rear. The dealer said this was a prototype model and not a final product, which could explain some small nuances. I was surprised to see the rear graphics had bubbles and was not even applied correctly! View attachment 212795
I think it’s out of place to upgrade the HVAC and Radio knobs but not the trailer reverse and drive mode knobs. Just makes them look outdated and out of place. Must have ran out of design engineering money.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe there weren't even more pictures! Man, I would have had 200 plus!