Fits in the Garage ... Barely!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek:

Unfortunately I think I have a new driveway ornament until I move somewhere else. Did the measurements prior to purchase, 231.9" depth and the truck is 234.9". Figured it would be tight but didn't envision this. I worry the garage door is going to shift and get caught on the back bumper once it's inside. I could probably gently rest the front bumper on the wall and gain maybe an inch in the back.

Anyone park day in, day out in a space this tight? If so, you guys have any tricks on how I can park perfectly 100% of the time that won't take 5 minutes of inching up, getting out to check, etc?

My concern is mainly with theft, not so much the vehicle, but sometimes I'm absent minded and will leave my wallet in the car, forget to lock it...

IMG_4904.jpg IMG_4902.jpg IMG_4899.jpg IMG_4897.jpg

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, that would be too tight. It's only a matter of time until something bad happens with so little clearance. That might work occasionally, say when you're going on vacation and the truck is left at home but it's a disaster waiting to happen. Sorry to bash your hopes.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
+1. My garage is a ‘2 motorcycle’ garage. Yeah, previous owner had a Porsche in there, but I managed to stuff my old Lightning in there, but I could barely get out of the truck.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a tight squeeze also, but my issue is width not length. I've gotten used to slow entries and exits and having to manually put my mirrors in every time (801A here), but at the end of the day...it's way better than parking outside for a variety of reasons.

gdestiny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with depth. My raptor sits outside unless I leave for a few days and take the time to park it inside. So far it hasn’t been an issue sitting outside besides washing it more often.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got about 4” each end and I park inside every night. Especially now that the white stuff has arrived.

I got a cinder block wall at the front so I gotta be careful. I use my front camera to keep away from it. Mirrors fold in too.

OP, I would consider modifying that wall to get more space. A rubber parking curb will help too.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your garage door have a handle for manual up/down that you could remove? I know that costs me 1-2" of clearance in my garage.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d think about hanging a rubber (or cloth towel) on the wall so if/when your bumper hits it won’t scratch anything on the truck.

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with depth. My raptor sits outside unless I leave for a few days and take the time to park it inside. So far it hasn’t been an issue sitting outside besides washing it more often.

The neighborhood's not bad but we do occasionally get kids trying rummage through unlocked cars in the middle of the night. This has occurred in every 'hood I've ever lived in.

OP, I would consider modifying that wall to get more space. A rubber parking curb will help too.

Unfortunately it's a rental and plumbing for one of the showers is directly behind that drywall. The park curb might be an idea.

Does your garage door have a handle for manual up/down that you could remove? I know that costs me 1-2" of clearance in my garage.

No handle like that at all.

I’d think about hanging a rubber (or cloth towel) on the wall so if/when your bumper hits it won’t scratch anything on the truck.

That's actually a good idea. Would have to be ultra thin, though.