First!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it doesn't need a V8. ahahaha

Yeah, and my chick didn't need big beautiful DD t-i-t-t-i-e-s.

But they sure do make life more enjoyable
Lol…. The stupidity of this post. Yea your chick has DD but she is 250lbs and has pimple covered face….. but she has DD’s .

There’s so many things wrong with this analogy I’m not even gonna bother getting into it

Last edited:

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope Ford makes a truck that is the best offroad but blasts justin bieber out the exhaust. Then tell me you don’t care about how a truck sounds.

A truck doesn’t “NEED” a V8 but it sure makes me smile more. Isn’t that the point? If a TT 6 was as engaging thats fine. It just isn’t for me.
Yea ok …. Now put your big boy pants on and try to have a discussion like an adult and live in reality

To the second part of your post , what makes me smile is performance and from what I have seen the outgoing Gen 2 with it’s horrible sounding V6 and out of date leaf springs handled light off roading much better than the hefty TRX with its better suspension and that V8 that everyone loves. I anticipate the Gen 3 will leave a TRX far behind but again to you and big blue and other “ Raptor needs a V8 to compete with ram because it sounds good”

as I said before , the V6 vs V8 debate is irrelevant in this thread because we know it’s going to be a V-8 in the raptor are, the question I have for you is, would you be happy because it has the “ V8 sound” if the R only has 600hp?

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
what makes me smile is performance and from what I have seen the outgoing Gen 2 with it’s horrible sounding V6 and out of date leaf springs handled light off roading much better than the hefty TRX with its better suspension and that V8 that everyone loves. I anticipate the Gen 3 will leave a TRX far behind but again to you and big blue and other “ Raptor needs a V8 to compete with ram because it sounds good”
Quick question. How much time do you have behind the wheel of the TRX? How about the Gen 3? Because otherwise you have no basis for this argument besides pixels on a screen and seeing them parked.
would you be happy because it has the “ V8 sound” if the R only has 600hp?
No. I want all the horsepower. In something that weighs 5500-7000 pounds, I want every bit they can give. If Ford decided to give Ram a giant F U and made a 1000hp motor, I would swap in a heartbeat.

If you think this is just about sound, you are missing the point.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question. How much time do you have behind the wheel of the TRX? How about the Gen 3? Because otherwise you have no basis for this argument besides pixels on a screen and seeing them parked.

No. I want all the horsepower. In something that weighs 5500-7000 pounds, I want every bit they can give. If Ford decided to give Ram a giant F U and made a 1000hp motor, I would swap in a heartbeat.

If you think this is just about sound, you are missing the point.
If you think this segment is just about HP then you are missing the point .

I had a TRX for 2 day test drive on the condition if I put over 50 mi on it or scratched it I would have to buy it. So I do not have first hand experience with it off road, only on pavement. I have the same option with the Gen 3 arrives at my local dealerships. So based on my Gen 2 vs TRX comparison it’s exactly what you expect, I love …. LOVE the ram interior and it is a great street truck. You can feel the extra weight and it feels nowhere near as nimble as a Raptor. I considered buying one for a daily but if I would rather daily a car. If it were to be a truck I would get a F250 or a Shelby F150.

I have never and will never make a statement bashing the TRX I just state it’s not competitor when it comes to what the segment is about. They did to the TRX what dodge does to the challenger, throw a ton of hp in it and call it a competitor when in actuality it’s leagues from the GT350,GT500 and ZL1 .

In this segment suspension matters more than HP, I would take less HP and lighter and more off road capable then just throw 1000hp into anything

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score

I had a TRX for 2 day test drive on the condition if I put over 50 mi on it or scratched it I would have to buy it. So I do not have first hand experience with it off road, only on pavement. I have the same option with the Gen 3 arrives at my local dealerships. So based on my Gen 2 vs TRX comparison it’s exactly what you expect, I love …. LOVE the ram interior and it is a great street truck. You can feel the extra weight and it feels nowhere near as nimble as a Raptor. I considered buying one for a daily but if I would rather daily a car. If it were to be a truck I would get a F250 or a Shelby F150.

I have never and will never make a statement bashing the TRX I just state it’s not competitor when it comes to what the segment is about. They did to the TRX what dodge does to the challenger, throw a ton of hp in it and call it a competitor when in actuality it’s leagues from the GT350,GT500 and ZL1 .

In this segment suspension matters more than HP, I would take less HP and lighter and more off road capable then just throw 1000hp into anything
I agree with most of your points. The TRX is a porker. Still fun as hell.

My ideal truck has all that hp, is a thousand or two pounds lighter (hey, its make believe so yeah 4xxx pounds), is fun on the street and really engaging on fast offroad stuff. Idc about rock crawling in general and not in a pick up.

Yes, if you want a track car, the challenger/charger hellcats would be a worse choice than the 350r or zl1-1le or similar. They aren’t in the same segment. 99% of people never set foot on a racetrack let alone risk their $$$ cars driving a circuit hard. I almost had a $$$$ car burn to the ground after the techs didn’t properly screw down my oil cap. Came loose on hot laps in Thermal, CA in summer. Dumped oil all over the engine block. Only had 50% value in track insurance too so phew.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The TRX is definitely a heavy weight and I think the one big miss for Ram is shock size. For a 6,500 pound truck that's supposed to compete with the Raptor, a 3.0 IBP shock with better dampening capabilities would make it more nimble and able to compensate for the extra weight.

Either way, anyone using their Raptor or TRX for serious offroading will likely outrun stock suspension and will be upgrading shocks, bumps, etc. I am curious to see how a Gen 3 and a TRX will compare with coilover bypass setups up front and a bigger shock/bump setup in the rear.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Lol…. The stupidity of this post. Yea your chick has DD but she is 250lbs and has pimple covered face….. but she has DD’s .

There’s so many things wrong with this analogy I’m not even gonna bother getting into it
hehahahaha ***

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BambiKiller ….. sooo completely unrelated to the current topic …

* disclaimer * I’m drunk so take this post for what it is lol….

I completely get your sound and V8 logic . I placed an order for a wildtrak bronco but canceled because I was waiting for the 3.5 eco 450hp warthog but tonight a vid popped up on YouTube in my suggestion. It was a 392 jeep on 37s and it just hit me the right way. The visceral sound has me forgetting about the warthog and has me wanting to pick up a 392 tomorrow.

I already sent an email to my deal with who gave me the keys to a TRX and we’ll if this is a drunken flirt feeling or if the sound and power is enough to have it in my driveway come Thursday

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
@BambiKiller ….. sooo completely unrelated to the current topic …

* disclaimer * I’m drunk so take this post for what it is lol….

I completely get your sound and V8 logic . I placed an order for a wildtrak bronco but canceled because I was waiting for the 3.5 eco 450hp warthog but tonight a vid popped up on YouTube in my suggestion. It was a 392 jeep on 37s and it just hit me the right way. The visceral sound has me forgetting about the warthog and has me wanting to pick up a 392 tomorrow.

I already sent an email to my deal with who gave me the keys to a TRX and we’ll if this is a drunken flirt feeling or if the sound and power is enough to have it in my driveway come Thursday
Come to the darkside of ridiculous motors in vehicles that don’t need them. It’s hilarious fun. I’m not a jeep guy but a 6.4l hemi in a wrangler makes me giggle like a little girl