First trip in the new ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In 4 low I always use manual mode. You don't want a shift at the wrong time when rock crawling.

Great pictures.

Thanks. I'll put that on the list for a practice session. I didn't want to screw around too much on this trip because it was a hiking trip and there were two other guys in another vehicle following us. I mostly wanted to experience the modes so that reading the manual again would make more sense. I was thinking later that manual mode might be a good solution off road in general since I'm used to shifting for myself already. Just gotta remember to keep my left foot off the clutch. :)

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually, when rock crawling with an automatic, it is good to left foot brake. When going over a rock, instead of letting the suspension completely relax, use the torque of the engine to keep it loaded and ready for the next rock. Obviously, use it sparingly.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use manual mode whenever I am in Baja or rock crawl mode, that way I can shift to match conditions.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did! Got out last Friday for some time in 4L. I really like how it works in manual mode.