First time Raptor shopper, 2nd car is Z06 Corvette

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SARK9MOM

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am brand new to the forum and have been in the market for a truck for about 6 months. I have a unique situation, I am a Corvette driver (race autocross, standing mile, and controlled road) but I recently volunteered for a Search and Rescue group and have 2 HRD German Shepherds that I now need to haul around to training GPS and searches. Some of these are in very remote areas and my boyfriends Camery is not cutting it. SO being the vehicle snob/exotic car lover I am I have decided I wanted to concentrate my search on 2013-2014 Raptors. I have found quite a few in the range I am wanting to spend but am a little concerned about mileage. I read up on your high mileage checking thread and it is looking pretty promising. Any other things I should be watching out for besides the obvious carfax report, signs of rough use/rust, looking like it was not loved? I really appreciate everyone's help, I am a first time truck shopper to boot!

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you already are aware of what to look for in a used truck. Also be sure to check the fuse 27 as preventative maintenance. The Ford 6.2 is solid, unlike the Great Mistake (GM) 6.2 which suffers from piston slap in your geriatric mobile Corvette...

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got lucky with my 13 screw. It was stock (besides intake) , one owner, had every option and only had 26k miles on it in 12/2016 and I was able to find at a ford dealer for a great price. So it’s definitely attainable even from a dealer. Definitely check steering rack tightness, obvious leaks underneath and trust your gut/ be patient. Goodluck