First time Raptor Owner - Gen 3 with 35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Optima

Reaction score
Hey there,
Just got my Gen 3 Raptor delivered from Alabama to Oregon last night. I got it for MSRP (because **** ADM) from Stivers Ford in Montgomery Alabama off of the lot. Worked with a dude named Alan. All the local dealers wanted 10k of ADM and I told them to go kick rocks and found one out of state.
IMG_0888.jpeg
I'm coming from a 2018 Audi TTRS that was Stage 2 E85 (ran consistent 10.3 in the quarter - around 550WHP or so) and a 1999 Mazda B4000 (which I still have until an old coworker buddy buys it off me to turn into a little adventure rig).
DSC06140.jpeg
The Audi wasn't getting driven much due to it's inability to haul the Mountain Bikes and Skis (and dog) and the lady and I want to get a boat which the B4000 won't haul.

So I consolidated to a Raptor with 35s (for the fuel economy).
I'm blown away by the comfort and features. It's super nice. Will probably be a bit of a Mall crawler with minor off roading mixed in. Maybe I get a wild hair and go do the Baja Raptor run.
I'll probably Cobb Tune the Raptor with a GooseTune when the 2023 Support comes available since I can't leave anything stock apparently.

Only other mods will be Wheel Well Liners, Bed Liner, Tonneau Cover, Ride88 Bike Rack and Tint and some Forscan Tweaks.

Otherwise it's ready to rock.

I could have gotten a Sierra 1500 Denali or something but that wouldn't have been nearly as cool/unique/rare as the Raptor and the resale on the Raptor is stellar should I ever want to get out of it.

Pics or it didn't happen.

IMG_0745.pngIMG_0564.jpg

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
Just got my Gen 3 Raptor delivered from Alabama to Oregon last night. I got it for MSRP (because **** ADM) from Stivers Ford in Montgomery Alabama off of the lot. Worked with a dude named Alan. All the local dealers wanted 10k of ADM and I told them to go kick rocks and found one out of state.
View attachment 401911
I'm coming from a 2018 Audi TTRS that was Stage 2 E85 (ran consistent 10.3 in the quarter - around 550WHP or so) and a 1999 Mazda B4000 (which I still have until an old coworker buddy buys it off me to turn into a little adventure rig).
View attachment 401915
The Audi wasn't getting driven much due to it's inability to haul the Mountain Bikes and Skis (and dog) and the lady and I want to get a boat which the B4000 won't haul.

So I consolidated to a Raptor with 35s (for the fuel economy).
I'm blown away by the comfort and features. It's super nice. Will probably be a bit of a Mall crawler with minor off roading mixed in. Maybe I get a wild hair and go do the Baja Raptor run.
I'll probably Cobb Tune the Raptor with a GooseTune when the 2023 Support comes available since I can't leave anything stock apparently.

Only other mods will be Wheel Well Liners, Bed Liner, Tonneau Cover, Ride88 Bike Rack and Tint and some Forscan Tweaks.

Otherwise it's ready to rock.

I could have gotten a Sierra 1500 Denali or something but that wouldn't have been nearly as cool/unique/rare as the Raptor and the resale on the Raptor is stellar should I ever want to get out of it.

Pics or it didn't happen.

View attachment 401916View attachment 401917
How well is the defender treating you? I've been considering building a 110 but the reliability scares me a bit.

OP
OP
O

Optima

Reaction score
How well is the defender treating you? I've been considering building a 110 but the reliability scares me a bit.
She got it CPO with a warranty. 2021 Defender X that was a lease return with 16k miles. It's been good so far. It does need to go in for an Airbag light that's intermittent. So there's that.
But overall we haven't been stranded in it yet. I've heard that the new Land Rovers are more reliable than older ones, but I mean old ones are pretty terribly unreliable - so any step forward is a big step.

HoodedCobra

Reaction score
How long was the wait for delivery?? I actually just ordered mine the other day… each dealership near that has one ended up getting sold the next day lol. So I ended up ordering one with avalanche color moon roof and power tailgate package with the beaded wheels. Where my brother knew the owner hey gave me lifetime powertrain warranty. it was really hard to pass on… hopefully it doesn’t take forever… knowing my luck the 2024 prob be available by then