First time off-road with the raptor (whoops)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s why I bought a white one...harder to see the pinstripes. Moderate Jeep trails are a lot Of fun. If you ever make it up to Bishop, CA...I highly recommend Coyote Flats trail. Climbs up several thousand feet to some amazing meadows and awesome views. Short high speed section to start as well.

Does that follow the old Bishop Creek to South Lake road?

I just looked that up. My old stomping grounds. I used to live in Habaggers Estates just across from the Bishop Creek Lodge (is it still there?). Had to Honda XL185s and would take the old mine road from there up to Coyote Flats. There was an old WW2 runway up there somewhere. Had a great view down to Big Pine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just looked that up. My old stomping grounds. I used to live in Habaggers Estates just across from the Bishop Creek Lodge (is it still there?). Had to Honda XL185s and would take the old mine road from there up to Coyote Flats. There was an old WW2 runway up there somewhere. Had a great view down to Big Pine.
To be honest I’m not completely sure, as you can see we got turned around and went on a trail we didn’t intend on. I’ll have to try and figure out what route we actually took.

I learned a lot from the trip. Going to bring an off-road jack and probably invest in an air compressor. We literally brought nothing other than our cellphones which didn’t work.

adam0311

Reaction score

I live in LA and was up there camping and decided to check out the trail. I just remember the turn in road was Coyote Valley Rd.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in LA and was up there camping and decided to check out the trail. I just remember the turn in road was Coyote Valley Rd.

We had vacationed up there yearly from about 1963 until I moved there for 2 years in 1983. Learned how to trout fish and backpack up there. God's country for sure!

Iziks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is the same thing, but I have a SCAB as well and the door will rattle unless I slam the back door closed very firmly. Then no door rattles.