First time g2 buyer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dudebrodude is such a hater lol let me guess, you got a trx?!

But I might take his advice and low ball this g2!
I may be a TRX owner but I support irrational purchases regardless of brand. Plus, you live close so I know I'll get the opportunity to show you what a real truck looks like!

OP
OP
willwwright

willwwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude bro and I might have just become best friends haha
Showdown in the desert when I get a raptor!!

Stay tuned if my lowball offer works , thanks for all the input!

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - new to the forum , lurking for while but never posted until I found a “deal” on a gen 2.
Here’s the scenario, like a lot of us on here I am hunting for a gen 3 at msrp, I won’t pay a park up which means I will be wiring a while!
Found a 2018 charcoal gen 2 802a with 79k miles for $52,*** in Texas. After talking to the rep he gave me the car fax and it says damage reported, damage to the hood fenders front door and roof! The roof damage threw me off… did this beast roll over?
Only thing the sales dude can say is we don’t know anything about it other then it doesn’t say accident reported, it says damage reported so it’s likely vandalism or hail/ weather related.
My plan was to get it as a placeholder until the gen 3’s become more available and the mark up wars are near an end. But I do not want to get stuck trying to sell this thing and take a loss in 9 months to a year just because I am being squirrelly. I do not need the truck, it’s to fill a want that I’ve had forever!

What do you guys think?
You are looking for opinions so here is mine…if you can’t afford to take a loss in 9 months, you can’t afford the truck. Don’t make an emotional decision while the market is overly inflated.

Rico2

Reaction score
Hey guys - new to the forum , lurking for while but never posted until I found a “deal” on a gen 2.
Here’s the scenario, like a lot of us on here I am hunting for a gen 3 at msrp, I won’t pay a park up which means I will be wiring a while!
Found a 2018 charcoal gen 2 802a with 79k miles for $52,*** in Texas. After talking to the rep he gave me the car fax and it says damage reported, damage to the hood fenders front door and roof! The roof damage threw me off… did this beast roll over?
Only thing the sales dude can say is we don’t know anything about it other then it doesn’t say accident reported, it says damage reported so it’s likely vandalism or hail/ weather related.
My plan was to get it as a placeholder until the gen 3’s become more available and the mark up wars are near an end. But I do not want to get stuck trying to sell this thing and take a loss in 9 months to a year just because I am being squirrelly. I do not need the truck, it’s to fill a want that I’ve had forever!

What do you guys think?
Most likely hail/storm damage, since we are all guessing. My wife had her SRT-8 Jeep that was parked outside of her office when a a nasty storm rolled through. I believe it was $12-14K worth of damage, all cosmetic. But there are probably better deals out there. So might not hurt to keep looking.

mvc

Reaction score
In my experience, It’s normally really tough to get your $ back on a car that doesn’t have a clean CARFAX, especially at that price.

I picked up a 2018 charcoal 802A about 6 months ago and am going to be putting it up for sale here this week if you’re interested. My family is in San Clemente if you want to take a look. It’s damn near perfect condition, clean CARFAX with 40.6k on the clock.

Either way, good luck in your search!

Mac