First suspension mods - Couple of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@votive I actually used the KHC rear shock mounts that allow you to properly run the GEN2 shocks in the back. Between the mounts and the shocks on Rock Auto it was pretty inexpensive. My front shocks are OEM spec & Geisers. I actually had the rear flutter stack from Forged a while back when they rebuilt my OEM shocks. They did a great job on the rebuild but I can't recall noticing a difference from the flutter stack.

OP
OP
votive

votive

Reaction score
@votive I actually used the KHC rear shock mounts that allow you to properly run the GEN2 shocks in the back. Between the mounts and the shocks on Rock Auto it was pretty inexpensive.

Oh man, this is intriguing, and a lot to digest. Going this route is there anything else that is required to make it work other than the KHC mount and the new shocks? After some light research I see that they don't compress as much as stock but I'm assuming the bracket takes care of that issue?

As for the flutter stack, I think I'm leaning away from it now especially if I go GEN2's in the rear.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@votive That's correct. The KHC bracket sits higher than the OEM GEN1 bracket to accommodate the extra length of the GEN2 shock. It's not a super involved install. You do have to cut the OEM top rear shock mount off and then you can bolt on or weld in the KHC mount. I've liked the GEN2 shocks in the back so far. Only about 1k on them but so far so good.