Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

First real TRX review is out...and...it is not that great

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by goblues38, Oct 23, 2020.

1. isis

isis Full Access Member

I didn’t even realize that was available. Thank you!

Braaaaptor and JohnyPython like this.
  2. NASSTY

NASSTY FRF Addict

Too bad there wasn't a ban button so he could join his lover Sasquatch.

3. Mister Pinky

Mister Pinky Full Access Member

Hate to say it, but I have to agree. Jalopnik is a bunch of whiny soy boy SJW cucks.

Honestly, I’ll wait till TFL or another truck based publication gets ahold of one. I read a comparison review from Car and Driver, but they also consider the Ram to be the best 1/2 ton on the market and are intimidated by the size of the 3/4-1 ton trucks they test. Great when it comes to cars, not so good on trucks.

A_Train likes this.
  4. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

I don't think he's a lover. I think he's a leg-humper.

NASSTY and JohnyPython like this.
  5. faultball

faultball FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Good read, thanks. Brainworm...yes I know a few:)

6. desertfox73

desertfox73 Full Access Member

TFL dropped a video comparison recently. Roman loved the TRX, almost to the point of seeming a little biased before the review even started.

nonetheless, the TRX looks like it’s really good at some things. I’m just not a fan of their design. While some of the raptors features are in need of an update after 4 years, It still looks better than any other truck out there (IMO). It’s a badass looking machine.

Edit: here you go -

sixshooter_45 and Mister Pinky like this.
  7. TrewRaptor

TrewRaptor Full Access Member

I'm not a fan of the looks but I do like the technology. That's where I hope ford will improve going forward with closer competition. As for the power, yes I like it but but 450 with add ons is more than enough for me. it'll be interesting to see long term durability and performance in the next few years along with resale value.

8. combatninja

combatninja Full Access Member

Car and Driver just published an article declaring the TRX the winner. It is a bit unfair at this point with the Gen2 on its way out and the new coil-sprung rear Raptor on the way and with a likely optional V8. If Ford achieves price parity with the TRX, that is the real matchup. I would fully expect an $80,000 brand new truck to trounce a $70,000 5 year-old design. All the Ram engineers had to do was buy a couple of Raptors to benchmark and make theirs a little bit better. Oh, and jamming a Hellcat up its nose didn't hurt either.

That MPG though. I know nobody here purports to care about fuel economy but single digit MPG is borderline ridiculous.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...1500-trx-vs-2020-ford-f-150-raptor-supercrew/

9. Big Blue

Big Blue Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I watched that one too.

I don't like that Roman guy, he talks way too much about nothing, he is clearly biased towards the TRX and what kind of doofus noob auto review dude has the opportunity to compare the off-road capabilities of these two trucks and instead decides to do a rev test and a 0-60 test.

If I were doing the review, I would take the two trucks to the dunes..hand my buddy the keys to the Raptor, I would take the TRX and I would say..."Try to catch me." Then we would swap keys and try it again.

10. TheTeej

TheTeej Full Access Member

C&D’s review was good. Really seems like either deavers or helper springs in the back to quiet the rear end and a transmission tune would have closed the gap significantly.