First Ranger Raptor Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There have been some sightings of left hand drive models testing. It would be fun truck if they put the 2.7 EB in there for the US. Doubtful it happens but would definitely have my interest.

The only reason the engine is so anemic overseas is to avoid a $10k-$50k emissions tax in Thailand, where the Ranger sells like hotcakes. No reason to expect such a weak engine over here

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The only reason the engine is so anemic overseas is to avoid a $10k-$50k emissions tax in Thailand, where the Ranger sells like hotcakes. No reason to expect such a weak engine over here

I know but something tells me if it comes here it would have a variation of the 2.3 4cyl. Or maybe this is where the new 7.3 V8 is going lol

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of ironic isn't it... Reading posts from guys that bought a V6 powered full size truck that wouldn't consider a 4cyl in a smaller truck.

The Ranger is coming back, that is already well known. Not offering a Raptor version would be a mistake. I will be all over one when it shows up. I have no need for all the wasted space inside an F150.

Rumor is the V6 may not fit as the truck as is was designed for small inline fours. I would do a 2.3 ecoboost in a heartbeat if offered in a Ranger Raptor platform.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing you can count on, when the baby rap shows up, it will have HP, and will not take second place to any competition. Ford is in front on these trucks and wouldn't throw out a second place off Rd truck.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I’d drive the f#$k out of any of the options. I’m a buyer if it comes with the 2.7

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kind of ironic isn't it... Reading posts from guys that bought a V6 powered full size truck that wouldn't consider a 4cyl in a smaller truck.

The Ranger is coming back, that is already well known. Not offering a Raptor version would be a mistake. I will be all over one when it shows up. I have no need for all the wasted space inside an F150.

Rumor is the V6 may not fit as the truck as is was designed for small inline fours. I would do a 2.3 ecoboost in a heartbeat if offered in a Ranger Raptor platform.

2JZ swap? :ROFLJest::ROFLJest: