Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 First Problem So Far With 2019

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Ted Schroeder, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Ted Schroeder

Ted Schroeder Member

Made a run to Costco yesterday and truck was running great. Filled up with premium gas started truck check engine light and wrench icons lite up. The only thing that worked in truck was the truck would crank. Appointment with dealer tomorrow am to see what is going on. By the way fuel mileage dropped to 10.5 mpg on last fill up from trip to SC. Will post up what the problem was.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. Refugio

Refugio Full Access Member

Yes
    Please do report back

That shit ain’t right

3. JohnyPython

JohnyPython Full Access Member

How’s the oil level?

4. Ted Schroeder

Ted Schroeder Member

‘Just below the full mark. The radio working was a false statement I will try to correct. Truck was running but everything else, what ever is going on kills all gauges and center stack.

5. KCRaptor643

KCRaptor643 Member

Stories like these make me wonder about unloading it before any problem exist with my truck but damn thing looks too good and drive awesome to pull it. Anyhow let us know what happens at the dealer. Sorry about your experience

6. mchurch0211

mchurch0211 Full Access Member

Sell/trade as soon as you are out of warranty

7. Jace21583

Jace21583 Full Access Member

Don't be this guy. If there was ever a more shady statement I'd love to see it.

Have Ford fix it, keep going back until it's fixed, or sell it as is with whatever warranty is remaining. Don't be a dirt bag.

8. goblues38

goblues38 FRF Addict

meh...for every 1 of these posts, there are literally 50,000 people with no problems at all....keep in mind, less then 1% of owners are nerdy enough to hang out on car forums.

9. Ted Schroeder

Ted Schroeder Member

Had a good conversation with the technician who worked on truck. I had a total of 14 codes listed that pulled up. I can’t remember the exact name of the part he ordered but believe it was the command module. He said all the sensors are controlled by this module. He cleared the codes and the truck is running normal at the moment. Going back Thursday for the install and do a flash on everything and update Sync. Guy was pretty cool and told me not to worry he would replace all the modules and sensors if need be to make it right.

FordTechOne, 06z, RonPorter and 3 others like this.
  10. Ted Schroeder

Ted Schroeder Member

To much fun to drive and run down the beach to ever think of trading it in, it’s a keeper.