First Post, Ford Dealer has been no help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csimmons83

Reaction score
Good Evening,

I bought a 2020 Raptor with the Luxury 2 package its got just over 25k, I have probably put 1k or so on it. Anyways, things have been great, except it started to stutter/rough idle sporadically. First time it happened took it in and they said it's because of where the intercooler is, the next few times it did it started flashing the little orange engine and sent me a bunch of alerts on the app. Took it in and after three hours was told I need an oil change, but I need to take it back to the dealer I bought it from due to an oil package I had purchased. Well here we are and it has started doing it again. There are 3 different errors I get when it has these spells. "your vehicle detected a misfire", "Control system has detected on of the engines internal components is not responding as expected", and "the control system has detected a misalignment between the engine internal components" . I swapped my gauges around and watched the air/fuel ratio needle get very jumpy when it was idling roughly and throwing these errors.

Has anyone seen or heard of this? I tried to do some research and didn't find much or nothing that really matched my symptoms. Wasn't sure if maybe it just needs some new spark plugs as I saw somewhere they go out rather quick for some reason on the Raptors. Any help will be appreciated, and if I have posted in the wrong section, my apologies I will post elsewhere if needed.

Only gets premium fuel from either Sam's Club or Shell, full synthetic oil, and I have done no upgrades or changes, there was no need.

Thanks

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with misfires.

Oil change with not fix a misfire. Dealer will need to pull codes to diagnose.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
‘...where the intercooler is..’ How extensively is the truck modified?
Is it tuned? Can you flash it to stock if it is?

Do you have FORSCAN ( Need windows laptop or tablet and an OBDII adapter ) ? you can pull / clear codes with it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
‘...where the intercooler is..’ How extensively is the truck modified?
Is it tuned? Can you flash it to stock if it is?

Do you have FORSCAN ( Need windows laptop or tablet and an OBDII adapter ) ? you can pull / clear codes with it.
Beat me to the punch again…