First oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, check your oil level each and every time you put gas in it. You’ll always know if you are burning oil and should never get caught a quart or more low. .

This....^^

Every week or so we see a post where someone is a quart or more low on oil asking if it is normal or not. Usually when asked for how often they check it, the answer is, the truck is new never checked it. or 4,500 miles ago.

Evry fill up is a little over kill. but I check my oil before, during, and after every significant road trip. And every other 3-4 tanks.

it takes 10 mins to fill up a 36 gallon tank of gas. lord knows you have time.

Raptor Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fl500s is the standard ford filter and it works just fine. I have been a Mobil 1 full synthetic guy since 1992. never an oil related issue.

I usually go around 7,500 miles on my oil changes. An the FOMOTO valve is a life saver on this truck.
Did we decide which FOMOTO valve to get? I think two models were discussed .

raptor ghost

Reaction score
plastic drain and pan
...i remote start the raptor so much i plan to change at 5k mi often

and my filter was cranked on so tight it was nightmare even with the filter tools

Raptor Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This....^^

Every week or so we see a post where someone is a quart or more low on oil asking if it is normal or not. Usually when asked for how often they check it, the answer is, the truck is new never checked it. or 4,500 miles ago.

Evry fill up is a little over kill. but I check my oil before, during, and after every significant road trip. And every other 3-4 tanks.

it takes 10 mins to fill up a 36 gallon tank of gas. lord knows you have time.
I agree regular oil checking is imperative...but could they have put the dip stick in a more hard to reach place...you need arms like a chimpanzee to reach the dip stick even on the tips of your toes