FIRST OIL CHANGE with DEALER IN MY USED 2019 RAPTOR OIL CHANGE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do get my oil changed at the dealership, but I specify full synthetic, and they have it if you ask for it.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Basically the major take away here is, change your oil often(5k is what most agree on in this truck). Use a full quality synthetic oil and a name brand oil filter. This will generally keep you as in good a shape as most.

Oil is a hot topic and almost to the point of talking politics.

I personally use Amsoil Signature and a Amsoil filter. But I also over due things as well. Have used several good brands of full synthetic in the past with good results.

Brent M

Reaction score
I did oil change with full syn at 1k and installed fumoto then used Ford pass points for dealer change at 7500. The service rep gave me a hard sell that I shouldn’t use full syn until the engine is fully broke in which he suggested was over 15k. Anyone advice on the optimal time to start full syn?

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The service rep doesn’t know what he’s talking about. You can use full synthetic oil for all your oil changes. Your engine is considered broke in at 10K miles…not 15K.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The service rep doesn’t know what he’s talking about. You can use full synthetic oil for all your oil changes. Your engine is considered broke in at 10K miles…not 15K.
Yeah and engines today are so finely machined from the factory, break in times and procedures aren’t like they used to be. I would agree by your first oil change you can use what you want and enough should be broke in by then.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had all forms of motors and as of lately, Turbo and Supercharged are now the only motors which this family owns. Most reputable Full Synthetic oils are good so you will not see a real measurable difference in the wear of the engine. I can say this: Turbo motors are much harder on oils than NA engines. I tend to only run 5k-7k on my motor oil just because of that.

As for the other fluids, All my BMW M3's have a 1500 mile break-in service which is oil/trans/diff. I have done this on all my cars since just for the same reason listed above, that first 1000 miles gets all the gears match and "fine tuned" so it i just get the fluid out and start fresh. For the money we spend on these cars, some early preventative service does not hurt. There have been plenty who have never change a fluid for 100k and it still works fine.............

breezy

Reaction score
Anyone input on transmission service or flush. I always heard on all cars don't do it unless u have a problem
I'm interested in this as well so I'll tag @FordTechOne for a response on interval and also a flush. Some makes don't recommend flushing.

Even for "lifetime" fluid (commonly quoted by BMW) it's not lifetime of the car, it's lifetime of the transmission, yikes. I've always tried to adhere to 50k, 100k, every 50k after.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well so I'll tag @FordTechOne for a response on interval and also a flush. Some makes don't recommend flushing.

Even for "lifetime" fluid (commonly quoted by BMW) it's not lifetime of the car, it's lifetime of the transmission, yikes. I've always tried to adhere to 50k, 100k, every 50k after.

Ford never recommends transmissions be flushed. The interval to change the transmission fluid and filter is 150k.